Cindy Hartman posted the following list on another site. It may be of some value to you. She entitled it "Top 10 Reasons to List Your Home During the Holidays."
1. People who look at property during the holidays are serious buyers and are more ready to make a decision.
2. Serious buyers usually have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, so the property has less competition.
3. Houses â€œshow betterâ€ when tastefully decorated for the holidays with the wonderful lights and festive colors associated with the season.
4. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feelings they receive when viewing the home.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a house during the holidays because they have designated time off from work to purchase a home.
6. Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
7. January is traditionally the month for transfers. Transferees canâ€™t wait until the spring to buy. These buyers need a home now and houses must be on the market to capture these buyers.
8. Sellers can restrict showings during personal family events and still take advantage of their homes being spruced up and decorated â€œshow readyâ€ property.
9. Sellers can sell now â€“ but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if it is agreeable within the negotiations of the contract.
10. By selling now sellers have the opportunity to buy during the spring â€“ when more properties are on the market.
Good luck finishing-up the year.