Home Selling in Saint Louis>Question Details

Laura Clauder, Home Buyer in Saint Louis, MO

2 brothers names are on deed,one brother wants to remove his name and put on his daughters name.How do you ?

Asked by Laura Clauder, Saint Louis, MO Fri Sep 19, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


There are a couple of issues here.
First, when property is owned the type ownership is called "tenancy". Depending upon how the deed is structured changing who is a "tenant" might be simple or complicated.

When tenancy is discussed there can be legal ramifications, particularly when it comes time to sell. So the first poster is absolutely correct. It is not only changing the name, but HOW they share the ownership is very important and may also have probate issues connected with it.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 19, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA

Contact a real estate attorney for this type of action.

Good luck,
The "Eckler Team"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 19, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer