Home Selling in Huntsville>Question Details

Butler, Home Seller in Huntsville, AL

Does anyone have a sample offer that can guide me as a seller? Thanks

Asked by Butler, Huntsville, AL Tue Sep 2, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


And to add to the previous answers, with which I wholeheartedly agree, the local board prohibits use of those forms for use by anyone other than a paying and licensed board member.

If you receive a sample offer from an individual who came up with his or her own, make certain it abides by the laws of the state of Alabama. A contract that has wording which attempts to supersede local, state, and federal laws can get you in a WHOLE lot of trouble. Every state and municipality has different laws, so even a document created by an attorney in another state puts you at potential risk.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 23, 2009
When you opt to sell without professional representation, you are obligated to adhere to all state and local laws.

In a similar way, if a Realtor, who is DRE licensee, provides anything that might become part of your transaction, we create an implied agency relationship. When we have an agency relationship, that means that anything that goes wrong, we can be sued.

So you need go online and look around to find something.

One word of advice. If you are getting "free advice" from an online forum for important questions, then what happens when you have other questions? I cannot tell you how many posts we see from owners selling without professional representation who have questions that, if they HAD professional representation, they would have the answers.

The people that advise you need to know three things to provide competent advice:
1. Your personal situation
2. Your property
3. Your market trends.

And no one in Trulia Voices can know that.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 3, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
An offer is a contract that someone gives you to buy your property if you accept the terms it is a Contract if you change the terms it is then a counter offer. If you wish to sale your own property with out the help of an agent you should find some one willing to write and preset the offer as a transaction Broker which is a lower fee (anywhere from $500 to 1% of contract price you may also contact a Real Estate Attorney to assist or reveiw the contract but don't be surprised if they refer you back to an agent. You may also contact an attorney for a contract that is popular for the area they do vary from place to place
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 2, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer