Home Selling in Starkville>Question Details

Zoe, Home Seller in Starkville, MS

I'm 3/4 owner of a house, with my aunt and uncle own the other 1/4 together. My aunt says she don't want to

Asked by Zoe, Starkville, MS Tue Aug 12, 2008

sell.How can I get the house sold and can she buy us out.

Help the community by answering this question:


You need to confer too the contract I hope you have between 3 of you. That will state how dissolve your ownership in property. If all else fails consult with a real estate attorney who can draw up legal contract could be where she pays you $xxxx per month over certain time period for a buy out. However you cant remove your name from title till paid in full.
http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 12, 2008
Hello Zoe. It's a tough situation when you co-own with someone who does not want to sell as you can't sell the whole house without all owners agreeing. If you really wanted to push for a sale, you'd have to go to court and that would not be good for your relationship with your aunt and uncle. I am wondering whether you know someone who'd be able to mediate between you and your aunt and uncle. If they were to agree, they definitely could buy you out and that would certainly solve your problem as long as you can reach an agreement concerning the price. Good luck to you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 12, 2008
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in New Castle, DE
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer