Home Buying in 19312>Question Details

Betsy, Home Buyer in 19301

suggestions for builder -- ranch/one level home under 1800 square feet

Asked by Betsy, 19301 Wed Jul 2, 2008

interested in building a good quality home -- no interest in a two story home -- will also consider pre-existing structure but only on level one acre lot -- can be located on main road without sidewalk

Help the community by answering this question:


Are you planning to stay in the 193__ area code? If you are interested in coming to Lancaster, York, or Adams counties please contact me and I will give you some info on what ranch/one story homes are available. The prices here are much lower than what you will be finding down your way, but of course that doesn't do you any good if you need to stay there.

Eileen's Green Team at Gateway
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 2, 2008
what areas are you considering? Maybe I can Help.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 3, 2008
thx everyone for your response -- seems to be an influx of flippers with no concept that they may not be able to turn over by adhering to a "buy high and sell even higher" -- want to buy a home in which to live and be able to walk to work -- is that really asking too much -- only other requirements are no side walks and be on a flat lot --
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 31, 2008

Builders will build what you want, especially at the moment as many are laying off workmen. We work extensively in the Berwyn Paoli area and are happy to help you find land or a lot. Feel free to contact us, we also have several builders we work with who can help you as well with finding plans or connecting you with an architect. Everything relies on your price range and time line for finding what you want and where exactly you need to be.
Web Reference: http://www.vandekarteam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 2, 2008
price range is predicated on vacant land or land with improvement
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 2, 2008
Lots on the Main Line usually have pre-existing structures on them. What is your price range?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 2, 2008
It sounds like you know what kind of home you want. I would find a good buyers agent to search for a home meeting your criterea. Buyers agentts are paid by the seller so it woun't cost you anything to have a professional working for you. there should be plenty agents here who can help you, if not, contact me and I will suggest a few. Do you have a mortgage lined up?
The very best of luck to you.

Michael D Delp
Mortgage Pro
4802 Old Bethlehem Pike,
Telford Pa. 18969
Ph- 215-453-1025
Fax- 215-453-1012
Cell- 610-762-0318
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 2, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer