Question Details

Mary, Other/Just Looking in


Asked by Mary, Fri Jun 13, 2008

A couple months ago I made an offer on a short sale. Now interest rates are higher and I need to lower my offer to continue to comfortably afford the monthly mortgage. I don't want to have to continually withdraw/update my offer if/when interest rates continue to rise unless that is the accepted method of dealing with this. What are people doing who are in this situation?

Help the community by answering this question:


There is no easy way to deal with such situation. I had my clients lower the offer as it was taking lenders long time to make a decision and the prices in this particular locations were going down. It really did not delay the process as it was submitted before a negotiator was selected for this sale. Unfortunately, our negotiator lost it and we had to resubmit it. Any additional document sent to a lender increases the chances of the case to be delayed.

So, just send an addendum with a new price and keep calling if they received it. Once negotiator is assigned, make sure that he/she has the document. It is worth trying, however chances are it will not work...
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 13, 2008
Artur Urbans…, Real Estate Pro in Burlingame, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer