Financing in Massachusetts>Question Details

Adam, Home Buyer in New Hampshire

If I work on Vermont and live in Ma, do I pay taxes in both states?

Asked by Adam, New Hampshire Sat Feb 16, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:


I am wondering the asme thing. My husband may get a job inn Vermont while we live in New York. Im wondering the same thing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
I live in MA and work in Vermont, you must file in both. Massachusetts taxes any income you have, regardless of the state you earned it. I usually get money back from the VT tax I paid, and then end up owing Massachusetts.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 28, 2008
generally speaking, and this is not a professional opinion, but one based on my experience--I live in Florida, but my income is derived from Pennsylvania--we have to pay state income tax on the money that is earned from the state of PA. I file PA tax return.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 16, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer