LC home is a NO GO. They will sweet talk you and make unrealistic promises to get you to sign the contract with earnest deposit and after that you are stuck. My wife and I signed our contract back on Janauary 31st, 2015 at the Enclave at Odessa. Delivery date was to be September 20 +- 30 days. It's July 17th,2015 and they have not even apply for a permit yet because they are at a stand still with the county over a walking path they are supposed to construct but they don't want to. The sales person didn't or pretended not to know what was happening with upper management . So I did their job for them by contacting the New Castle County land use inquiring why the permit has not been issued. They told me they were (LCHome) giving 75% of the permits initially and the rest of the 25% will be issued after the developer is in compliance. Sadly enough, they don't know when the situation will be resolved but they keep making unsuspecting potential homebuyers sign contracts without telling them what is going on. I find it to be very unprofessional and deceitful. Trust and reputation is everything but LCHOMES don't seems to care about that. It's all about the bottom line to them. I have requested for the contract to be voided and my earnest deposit refunded. I will update with the status of my request.... more
I see that this thread is a couple years old but I wanted to jump in. I have an active listing currently on Jersey St. RBTS is currently offering 2 options - Entering into a new lease, or purchasing the land separately from the home. If you're still interested in properties on Jersey St., please contact me for a showing of 115 Jersey St.
Keith Misener, Realtor
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc
Natural gas is slowly making its way into Sussex County but only in a handful of places at this time. We do have gas heat but the gas is propane gas. The most efficient units (other than solar and geo-thermal) would be the ones that are "dual fuel" where the HVAC system automatically switches between propane and electric, depending on the weather/temperatures. Your heat pump conserves gas while operating as the primary source for heating and cooling. By switching to gas heat during extremely cold temperatures, you use the strengths of propane heat when it is most needed.... more
New leases for 60 ye ovears are 13,000 dollars/ year were sent out in early August,
with a cola or CPI increase annually beginning at 3.4%
Only 10 were offered. It is unknown how many owners responded.
Current leases expire in 2025 and are valued at only 650 dollars/yr.
How much this new deal will increase the value of each property is unknown.... more