1. Get pre-approved with a Lender or Mortgage Broker.
2. Find a Buyer's Agent/REALTOR that you will feel comfortable working with daily.
3. Visit Homes and take note of repairs needed because many Foreclosures are sold "As Is"; speak with your REALTOR to find out repairs needed will not impair your future mortgage from being written.
4. Write an offer and submit.
5. If offer is accepted then prepare for the journey.
7. Arrange for a Home Inspection
8. Speak with Mortgage Broker about Home being appraise.
9. Endure the underwriting process with Mortgage Broker; turn in everything requested quickly.
10. Attend Closing/Settlement--bring I.D. and remaining funds needed to close the transaction.