There are one bedroom condos in Warminster in Meadowood condos under $90,000.There are other condos too that are affordable. You can check out homes in Log College condos as well as Saxony Mnaor.... more
There are 7 active listings right now. priced between $61,500 for a studio apartment and $109,900 for 2 bedroom condo. Condos usually have a pet policy and it is a good idea to check the rules and regulations. Some restrict the number of pets, or type of pets. Is there anything in particular you would like me to find out for you.?... more
We are trying to find out if I should take our home buying case to lawyer as some things that happened during our home buying in PA are completely unexpected and unheard of.
With the realotor's help we found foreclosed house that we fell in love with listed at 275K. We really liked the house so we offered 285K. Through our friends, who were bidding on the same house, we found out that their offer was accepted on Monday. We find out later that week that their offer gets declined and our offer gets accepted instead. Following that Monday we receive an email saying that our offer has been outbid and asking us if we would like to counteroffer and assuring us that they won't be accepting anymore offers, if we do. Of course we increase our offer, it gets accepted and we sign a contract to settle on or before December 30th. (Little more than 30 days)
We prepare all documents for the settlement and ask it to be on the 20th only to find out that the seller doesn't have the title as the previous owner died and they don't have the death certificate. (Is this legal to list a house for sale without having title?) One way or the other, our realtor pushes it to the title underwriter and we get an OK to settle on the 20th.
I get to Title Company at 2:30PM on the 20th, start signing papers only to find out that the bank never signed and sent the deed over. We waited till 5PM and the Title Company said that the settlement is off. Since then, every day we are being told that the settlement will happen tomorrow but no guarantees are given.
We wait till December 30th, when our contract is over and we are told that 99.9% that the deal will happen that day only to find out that there was something wrong with the deed and that it had to be corrected (and was on December 24th). (Question number two: is it legal that the bank started selling the house but didn't have the deed ready?)
Of course, nothing happens on the 30th, we send a contract extension for 7 more days and as of today, EOD December 31st, we didn't get the written confirmation that they agreed on the extension. (Question #3) is it legal for the bank to give verbal confirmation because that's what my realtor said we have.
Here is what happens outside of the deal. Knowing that we are settling on the 20th, we put our current house for rent and find people to move in on December 28th and sign lease with them. We hire inspectors, fix up the selling house and get the Ok from township to move in into the house. ($100 goes to inspector, $130 to heater certificate, $90 to electrical certificate and the rest of the fixes for the house cost around $400 to make sure we get the Ok to move in). On the 27th we move to our relativeâ€™s house, rent Penske truck for $100 a day and wait till the 30th to finally settle and unload into our new house. As nothing happens we hire movers again and unload our belongings into storage facility. As of today, this house already cost us $1.5K because of the renovations and moving expenses. Iâ€™m not including the expenses for gas/heating and water that is on my name already from the 20th as we had to pass the inspection.
I am 7 months pregnant and I was just diagnosed with high sugar (I blame it on all of the stress). My two year old doesnâ€™t sleep well at our relative's house and we are all just too exhausted from all of the mess and uncertainty. Basically we live on the street with no access to our belongings and we have no idea when the deal will be closed. My due date is approaching and if we donâ€™t settle on the 6th of January we need to look for ways to get out of the deal and look for a roof on top of our heads and so I can start getting ready for my baby to arrive.
Any advice on what is ok, what is not, is it Ok for them to not have documents ready before selling the house? Is it Ok for them not to communicate with us and give us any reasonable explanations of the situations and the dates? I feel like there is something illegal happening but due to not being knowledgeable in this field, I feel helpless. Any feedback greatly appreciated... more
Meadowwood condos are god as investment proeprties as well as for first time buyers and those looking to downsize. Some of the investors who bought many years ago may be selling to invest in something else. Some people are selling so that they can buy something larger. I sold an investment property for a client last year. Recently another past client called me to do a free CMA as they have already bought a single house.... more
Builders will all most never reduce a price unless they are going out of business then you should be worried about other issues since the warranty will probably disappear. What can be negotiated are upgrades to appliances, trim packages and maybe flooring. If a builder reduces a price and has a â€œsaleâ€ the new comp he has created may force him/her not to build in the subdivision since the newest sale is the new standard for future sales. The government has tied the builderâ€™s hands and basically put a gun to our head and said I dare you to have a SALE. Thanks, President Obama... more