Using Trulia in 94920>Question Details

David Ogden, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA

why is my open house 8 egret court Tiburon i entered on Bareis friday not appear on your open home guide?

Asked by David Ogden, San Francisco, CA Sun Feb 22, 2009

open house guide

Answers

7
Alway add it on Trulia for best results.
That's great to hear Sylvia! Thank you for posting an update.

Have a great weekend!

~Emily
Hi Emily:

Thanks again for the tip. I emailed our IT Director and now Open Houses on FHA Listings are updated automatically! Wonderful improvement!

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor/Marin Real Estate
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
Thanks Emily, for chiming in. I have to manually input all my open house dates. I am glad to hear that Trulia made improvements to accept auto feeds of open house dates because that can potentially save a lot of trouble of trying to make sure open houses are updated every week.

I will let our IT Director know about this. I am sure she will make sure that's done soon for FHA Realtors.

Sylvia Barry
Frank Howard Allen Realtors
Your Marin Real Estate Resource
Hi David,

I apologize for not finding and answering your question much sooner. Sylvia is correct that we do not currently receive listing data from BAREIS, therefore we don't automatically receive any open house information that you have added to their system.

If you access your listing via the link below and check the Tools section, you'll see an option to provide open house information to us directly. Once you do so that information should be shown on our site within approximately 36 hours.

I should also make a correction to Sylvia's answer below. She says that we do not accept open house information from listing datafeeds that are provided to us by brokers, agents and other vendor sites. That actually is not the case. Our feed spec does include parameters to submit open house information and anyone who has a feed, including Frank Howard Allen Realtors, can submit that information to us for display. If you would like that information to be added to our display automatically, I recommend that you contact Frank Howard Allen Realtors to ensure that they add it to their data feed. They can find instructions to do so via the link below and they can contact us if they have any questions.

http://images.trulia.com/resources/TruliaDevGuide.pdf

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Hello David:

Trulia takes feeds from various brokerage sites (such as Frank Howard Allen Realtors) and other vendor sites where Realtors submit their listings through. They do not take direct feeds from local MLS (such as BAREIS - Bay Area Real Estate Information System).

They also do not take open house feeds from the various sites I just described. What you have to do is to 'claim' your listing to attach the listing to you, the listing agent, and then on the right hand side, there is a button for entering Open Houses. You need to enter information about your Open House manually. I will give a couple days of lead time, which is not different than other sites.

There are a few quirks on Trulia but they are pretty new. I have the privilege of knowing this because I have been using Trulia from almost inception and watched their growing pains along the way.

Trulia Management , customer service, technical support, and social media guru are all very nice, talented, supportive and pretty amazing in what they have accomplished in such short period of time (coming from a technical background!)

Sylvia Barry, Frank Howard Allen Realtors
Marin Real Estate
Hey David,
I just went to see if my open house today was on as well. I think there is something wrong with the site, I couldn't get to open house page. It keeps on "updating" but never get anywhere. If I can ever get on that page, I'll Iet you know if my open house is on there as well,