Using Trulia in 55555>Question Details

Roshan, Home Seller in New York, NY

whats the meaning of trulia

Asked by Roshan, New York, NY Tue Sep 25, 2007

Answers

13
Trulia is a place where Realtors can market their listings.

The side benefit is Trulia Voices.

Here you can interact with the absolute top agents in the industry (USA wide) and ask any questions you have regarding realestate.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 25, 2007
The
Real estate
Universe
Longed by
Individuals
Anywhere and everywhere
Trulia was created by Julia Roenbach of the Rhode Island Roenbachs. Julia was a world famous acrobat-turned-realator or ATR as it's known in the biz. As an acrobat, she toured by train from circus to circus all over the world and became known for her tumbling skills. She once performed a triple barrel 360 flip twist crumble pop that has yet to be repeated due to extreme danger. As a realtor, she created the Rhode Island Real Estate Dynasty form scratch using her real real-estate business prowess. The RIRED became multitrllion dollar venture by selling port-o-potties to motor home construction workers and breaking into the previously untouched treehouse real estate market. Olgah Wimphrey was so impressed by Julia's accomplishments that she called her the "One True Julia". Trulia reflects the owner's successes and brings real estate to the forefront as we move forward in the digital age.
Name of Trulia has created the desire to focus on the details of your immediate interests to the extent that others consider you to be fussy. I feel that that defines where Trulia really steems from. They seem to be very fussy and focused on getting the most accurate information to us. Thank you for all you do!!

Jimmy
Definitely! Thanks for the answer, Heather!
Patti Pereyra, Real Estate Pro in Chicago, IL
Ah, sorry to misread the question!

Our co-founders Pete & Sami wanted a name that reflected the words trustworthy and truthful and came up with the name "Trulia". Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
That is what I took this question to mean, also. Ditto on Patti's remark... I am curious. I read 'true" or "truth" to be at the core.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Heather,

If I'm not mistaken, I think Roshan wants to know what the WORD Trulia actually means.

Where did the name come from?

If I'm wrong, Roshan, at leaset *I'd* like to know. ;o)
Hi Roshan - Heather from Trulia here.

Trulia is a real estate site, built to help consumers find homes for sale and make smarter real estate decisions. If you want to read a little more you can see our "About Trulia" page: http://www.trulia.com/about or you can see the blog post that I linked below. Yesterday was our second birthday and our CEO Pete Flint posted on how it all began. Enjoy!
It's a great place for consumers to obtain information and quickly from some of the brightest Realtors across the nation.

It's fabalous for marketing you properties and advising you when new listings come up in a specific area.

And it provides a forum for exchanging informations between Realtors.
Web Reference: http://pamwinterbauer.com
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in San Ramon, CA
I like to think that Trulia means 'Truly Yours" in Real Estate, where the questions and answers are driven by customers and all categories of real estate pros.

This is a place where the consumers are number one, information are shared and seen by the world, and there is really no place to hide once you give your best, honest answer.

As Trulia just celebrate the 2 years mark yesterday and has been quite successful during the two years, I image there is a lot of learning, adjusting, growing and maturing to go through, but I hope, the ultimate goal is to be a 'Truly Yours' site.

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin County, CA
Roshan,
Trulia celebrated it's 2nd birthday yesterday... Happy birthday Trulia! The hyperlink below (in the "Web Reference" line) will take you to a similar question where Trulia founder, Pete Flint, has made some comments in response...
It is a great tool for home buyers and sellers. They can get free consulting with great agents. All they have to do is ask a question. What the Realtors get is another place to advertise their listings for free! It is a win win for everyone!