Using Trulia in 97229>Question Details

cynhampton, Home Owner in Hillsboro, OR

scam on house at Tamarron? it is no longer listed and i am geting an email from Mr Beard?

Asked by cynhampton, Hillsboro, OR Sat Jul 6, 2013

Answers

9
Gary, that cell phone thing is scary. I never thought about that either.
Never give personal info....

NOW HEAR THIS...NOT ALL THIEVES ARE STUPID!!
1. Some people left their car in the long-term parking at San Jose while away, and someone broke into the car. Using the information on the car's registration in the glove compartment, they drove the car to the people's home in Pebble Beach and robbed it. So I guess if we are going to leave the car in long-term parking, we should NOT leave the registration/insurance cards in it, nor your remote garage door opener.
This gives us something to think about with all our new electronic technology.
2. GPS.
Someone had their car broken into while they were at a football game. Their car was parked on the green which was adjacent to the football stadium and specially allotted to football fans. Things stolen from the car included a garage door remote control, some money and aGPS which had been prominently mounted on the dashboard. When the victims got home, they found that their house had been ransacked and just about everything worth anything had been stolen. The thieves had used the GPS to guide them to the house. They then used the garage remote control to open the garage door and gain entry to the house. The thieves knew the owners were at the football game, they knew what time the game was scheduled to finish and so they knew how much time they had to clean out the house. It would appear that they had brought a truck to empty the house of its contents.

Something to consider if you have a GPS - don't put your home address in it... Put a nearby address (like a store or gas station) so you can still find your way home if you need to, but no one else would know where you live if your GPS were stolen.

3. CELL PHONES

I never thought of this.......

This lady has now changed her habit of how she lists her names on her cell phone after her handbag was stolen. Her handbag, which contained her cell phone, credit card, wallet, etc., was stolen. 20 minutes later when she called her hubby, from a pay phone telling him what had happened, hubby says 'I received your text asking about our Pin number and I've replied a little while ago.' When they rushed down to the bank, the bank staff told them all the money was already withdrawn. The thief had actually used the stolen cell phone to text 'hubby' in the contact list and got hold of the pin number. Within 20 minutes he had withdrawn all the money from their bank account.

Moral of the lesson:

a. Do not disclose the relationship between you and the people in your contact list. Avoid using names like Home, Honey, Hubby, Sweetheart, Dad, Mom, etc....

b. And very importantly, when sensitive info is being asked through texts, CONFIRM by calling back.

c. Also, when you're being texted by friends or family to meet them somewhere, be sure to call back to confirm that the message came from them. If you don't reach them, be very careful about going places to meet 'family and friends' who text you.

*PLEASE PASS THIS ON
Web Reference: http://www.garyyoungman.com
Oh, sorry. It showed you were in California and if you were in Stockton, i'd be able to help. I have no access to Oregon property information.

I'd call or message one of the agents that answered this post previously. Good luck.
ps i am not in Stockton but in Hillsboro OR
5365 NW Tamarron Pl
was hoping to find a rent/lease purchase option. this was listed for rent at 1800+ then posted at 900
then removed all together ...i was in conact w/ Mr Beard and he was "out of the area" and wanted my personal info, claimed to be the owner.
5365 NW Tamarron Pl
What's the address? I can look it up and give you more info.
I like to show/teach people how to check info for themselves.

ANY listing from the Portland Metro/Vancouver surrounding areas on ANY website you may search on comes from the source.

The source is: http://www.rmls.com. This is the local MLS that the licensed agents use every day.

On this site you can input addresses or MLS #'s. I recently had an inquiry from a buyer client of mine that found a listing on Zillow listed as Active. It was Active- - - -3 years ago. If you have ANY question about the status of a property click on over to this web site. If it doesn't show up it is NOT ACTIVE. Could be pending or sold. If you see something showing as SSP, this is short sale pending which is a story for another day.
Are you talking about 5305 NW Tamarron listed for $389,950? It is back on the market now after going sale pending on June 18th, then the buyer losing financing. So it came back on the market June 23rd and is still available for sale now.

If you want more info about this home or other homes for sale, please email me at Anne@PortlandHomeSource.com or phone me at 503 320-3163.