Using Trulia in 11231>Question Details

Elizabeth,  in Brooklyn, NY

i have gotten a response for a listing on Trulia that is spam or fishing - how do you filter these things

Asked by Elizabeth, Brooklyn, NY Fri Feb 3, 2012

Trulia has my listing up and some of the responses are not from real buyers but from scams and fishing -can you tell me how to filter these types of responses or what you (Trulia) do to protect those of us that are legitimate agencies and avoid an overload of such things in my email box?

Answers

6
Hi Elizabeth,

Our email team is always working to improve our spam filtering, but spam messages still get through from those enough determined to continue trying out new tactics.

In your My Leads inbox (link below), you can easily mark messages as spam, and that helps us track down the latest spam that's going around and helps us stop it faster. From your own email client you can also simply forward the message to our Customer Service team via customerservice@trulia.com so they can pass the message along to our email team.

I also encourage you to check out the following post about how you can protect yourself against real estate phishing scams.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/discovertrulia/2010/06/trulia_psa…

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if you're in need of assistance.

Best Wishes,

Emily
Use your delete key, but make sure you tell your system to block that sender in the future....junk mail.
I think it is part of the service so there is not a lot we can do to avoid it.
If you are an agent you really should be representing yourself as such; if you are a buyer/seller try editing your preferences, or directly contact customer service http://www.trulia.com/help/ask/
Dear Elizabeth:

Are you a buyer or a real estate agent? How did you submit your listing on Trulia, was it a listing by a real estate agent or did you simply mention it in a "blog"? I have been working with the Trulia web site for many years, if you want call me and I would be more than happy to discuss it with you and try and help you out. I just need more details.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
You should be able to edit your email preferences within your profile. When you post a question it asks you in little boxes below if you wish to receive email alerts if your questions are answered.
Trulia also has a code box that when someone answers a question...they have to type in the displayed code. Typically robots, auto fills etc. cannot get pass this spam filter but there are always going to be people who find away.
I would suggest editing the emails you receive on your profile under notifications and see if that helps you.

(Trulia Voices: Alerts about your favorite topics on Trulia Voices. You are following 99 topics Edit) mine looks like this!

Very Best,
L