Using Trulia in Charleston>Question Details

Marie Joseph, Both Buyer and Seller in Outside U.S.

how to view comps on this site?

Asked by Marie Joseph, Outside U.S. Fri Aug 19, 2011

Answers

5
Hi Marie,

For all sale properties on Trulia, you can click on the Comparables tab, as I've done for the property shown at the link below. You'll then be shown a map and a breakdown of the homes that we've found on the site (both for sale and sold) that are similar to the property you are viewing.

A similar home on Trulia is defined as a close match to the home you're looking at based on property type, number of bedrooms and bathrooms, property age, and of course how close it is.

I hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Hi Marie,
I will let someone from Trulia to answer the how to search on this site question. I want to point out two things.

1. Often when question of comps comes up the first presumption is that you are looking to sell and want to get an idea as to what you can sell for. it may be the right one In this case. I would suggest to simply look at active listings for sale and see what your neighbors are looking to sell for. Competing comps are more important to determine a selling price than those already sold.

2. If you are looking to refinance, ,modify, shortsell or include a price into an estate planning, you need what's called a desktop appraisal, which is performed by certified appraisal companies. If you apply for a loan you are going to pay for an appraisal in conjunction if you order it independently you will pay the appraiser directly.
Hi, Trulia isn't the best site to view comps because it's not as accurate as your local MLS. For the most accurate comps you should have a local agent send them to you.

Chris
The best way is to let a realtor do it for you through our MLS. Not going to get accurate information on comps from a consumer website such as this. I am a statistical consultant with Carolina One Real Estate as well as being a Realtor. I would be glad to help you. There is no cost or obligation to use me in the future.
Hi Marie,
Let me know what area that you need to know about and I can help or feel free to use my website...
Thanks, Laura
Web Reference: http://www.LauraSargent.com