Market Conditions in 91941>Question Details

Andre_hamilt…, Home Buyer in La Mesa, CA

how much is a house worth in la mesa ca?

Asked by Andre_hamilton46, La Mesa, CA Tue May 1, 2012

Answers

9
Kari Shea’s answer
Hi Andre,

There are two answers, the one that Tim gave below which is 100% accurate. While and agent can give you a BPO (answered in your other question), the market determines the sales price and then it needs to appraise for that value.

We hope this helps,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Sales Specialists
Home Valuation Specialist
Land Sales, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
Hi Andre,
La Mesa has four zip codes and currently 94 listings ranging in value from a 2 bedroom, 1 bath with 690 sq. ft asking $199,000 to a 6 bedroom, 9 bath 8743 sq. ft home asking $1,999,500. Average Active asking price is $607,714 for 4 bedroom 3 bath home.
Solds for the last 90 days come in at $175,000 for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath home with 704 sq. ft. to a 6 bedroom, 6 bath 4509 sq. ft home that sold for $999,000.
Average sold price for the last 90 days was $404,249.
If you want to know how much your house or a specific house is worth than shoot me an email with the specifics - rooms, address, etc... and I will give you a comparative market analysis which will show you how much homes of the size and in that area have sold for.
Janet McCarthy
Connect Realty
jmccarthyhomes@gmail.com
858-243-5719
it can range from 330,000$ to 560,000$
$750k is too much for ANY house in LaMesa, except, maybe, for 2 or 3 of them! And, in ElCajon, it's $550k.
I agree with the others...we need a specific address to give a valid, accurate assessment. Even then, the best way to aget a home evaluation is to have a few agents into your home to view it persoanlly. Most of us are happy to do this free of charge.

For a quick and dirty statistical analysis. you can use Zillow and type in your property address.

Although it can be useful as a guide, it doesn't take any particulars of your home into account - things like upgrades, views, expansions, etc are not going to be reflected in the numbers Zillow offers. but still, I would start there.
Hi Again Andre,
If you are speaking of a particular property, feel free to email or call me with the address and I can send you all the comparable sales that will give you an idea of value. Each property is unique!

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
Putting a address in Zillow.com can give you a very rough estimate of value. Notice I said "very rough" estimate:) Zillow can be very close but also fairly far off too.
Tim is absolutely right! Anything is only worth what people are willing to pay. BUT a great way to see where home value are at is to look at recently solds. You will want to see homes with similar size, condition, age and with the same # of beds and baths that have recently sold within the past 90 days to 6 months. Unfortunately, websites like zillow.com and others have margins of errors to wide to show you accurate values. Most agents, like myself ;o) would be happy to send you comparables for La Mesa!
how much is a house worth? Answer: what someone is willing to pay for it.