Using Trulia in La Mesa>Question Details

Andre_hamilt…, Home Buyer in La Mesa, CA

how can i find out what a house is worth?

Asked by Andre_hamilton46, La Mesa, CA Tue May 1, 2012

Answers

7
Hi Andre,
The easiest way to find out what a home is worth is to contact an agent to assist you in providing comparable recent sales, etc. If you would like me to assist you, please fee free to contact me directly- I would love to help!

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
Andre
A Realtor can do a comparative market analysis for you to get an idea of what comparable homes in the area have sold for. If you would like one let me know and I will prepare one for you.
An appraisal is necessary if you are using financing for the purchase and that would be a cost of the loan. Until that time a comparative market analysis would probably suit your purposes.

I am never too busy for your referrals

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
http://www.TheSanDiegoPropertyShop.com
jerry.sdps@cox.net
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
CA DRE # 00648687
Hi Andre,
That is a good question. What type of value do you need to know? For loan refinance, estate value, or the value that it actually is if you were to sell it today to a new buyer?
The main ways a home owner can find out is by hiring a licensed appraiser, paying a real estate broker to perform a Brokers Price Opinion (BPO) which is not a legal appraisal, but rather an opinion from the latest comparable market data, which is usually 3 - 6 months back, or you can work with a reputable real estate broker to help give you three approximate values of 90, 60 , and 30 days. This technique is that if you had 90 days your home could sell for a certain price considering home condition, a 60 day price that is average and more likely to sell, or a 30 day price that it would most certainly sell right away if you had to say move out of town to a new job or something like that. I hope this is helpful and you can also go to my website to do a quick computer estimate. Let me know if I can help more with your question.
Hi Andre,

If you email the address, I can send you the comps, the comparable listings that have recently sold. You can look at the sale price, location and photos for property condition, to come up with a general value range. I can help you get more specific; just contact me off the board.

Warm Regards,

Cory La Scala, REALTOR
Independence Realty
619-825-6421
If can have a local Realtor give you a realistic price if if it sells or you can higher an appraiser and have them let you know exactly what its worth.

If you are selling though, your home is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.
Hi Andre,

To further explain what Tim said below, you can pay for an independent appraisal ($350 to $500) or ask a knowledgeable agent for a Brokers Price Opinion (BPO). A BPO is a detailed analysis of the homes in the surrounding area that most match the one you are interested in purchasing or selling.

Both appraisals and BPO's are specialized skills. An appraiser needs an appraisers license as well as a real estate license and an agent only needs a real estate license. Please know that doing an accurate BPO takes skill and time.

We hope this helps,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Sales Specialists
Home Valuation Specialist
Land Sales, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
To find the worth you need an appraisal or a BPO (broker price opinion) done for it.