Using Trulia in Naples>Question Details

Bea Clark, Home Buyer in Haddonfield, NJ

Why don't you show this listed - it is currently listed for $421,900 on Sunshine MLS, & with Delta Realty?

Asked by Bea Clark, Haddonfield, NJ Tue Mar 17, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/Naples/sold/4144841-7750…

Answers

4
Emily Erekuff’s answer
Hi Bea,

I wanted to chime in here to note that Carol and Tegan are correct. By and large Trulia does not receive listing information from the MLS. Listings are submitted to us by agents and brokers and in this case this listing simply hasn't been submitted to Trulia. It doesn't have anything to do with RealtyTrac as Paula suggested.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
Hi Bea,

Trulia is a tool to help buyers and sellers, however the information is subject to inaccuracies because the information is not pulled from the MLS's There are many homes and condos listed on here that are not accurate, because the information comes from individual websites that are not subject to listing price changes and new listings. For example some listings are pulled from the virtual tour companies, which can stay active after the property has closed.

I hope that helps you understand this site a little better. My website had the IDX, which is a direct and accurate pull from the MLS. I have the statewide IDX and the Marco Island / Naples area mls on the website http://www.onmarco.com/default.asp_Q_f_E_mls

Tegan DeClark
Independent Brokers Realty
239-777-2479
declarkteam@onmarco.com
Web Reference: http://www.onmarco.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 17, 2009
Dear Bea,
You're right that this is currently listed for sale, for $421,900, but the listing company is Downing-Frye, not Delta Realty. You may have been looking at the MLS on Delta Realty's website, which may be part of the confusion. We all participate in a shared MLS search program, but it does identify the listing broker (it usually says, "listing courtesy of ...").
As for why it is not shown for sale on Trulia, that is an easy answer. Trulia listings are not automatic from the MLS. Agents must either manually upload their listings to Trulia, or we must use some type of software to have our listings bulk uploaded to the website. The listing agent must not subscribe to Trulia feeds.
If you are interested in the condo, let me know. Pelican Bay has a great many really good buys right now.
Carol Wilsey
Broker-Owner
Exceptional Properties of SW Florida
(239) 289-1403 Cell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 17, 2009
Bea,
The link you gave show's it is sold...however, when you click for more info it says "list this property". It is probably another one of those RealtyTrac deals that none of us agents agree should be posted on Trulia.

I would get an agent if I were you and then you can search everything on the market. Trulia only has listings that agents put in, doesn't include the MLS, or short sales, reo or foreclosed properties.