Question Details

Scott A. Nel…,  in 02155

Why does Trulia display the link to the brokers site when the agent is a member of Trulia with a profile and?

Asked by Scott A. Nelson, 02155 Sat Mar 22, 2008

has spent the time to enter their listings here? Not really an incentive for an agent to be involved with the Trulia neighborhood when they can't specify more distinctly a way for buyers to contact them directly. I can see when the listing agent doesn't have a profile on Trulia but this site really should do more for those agents that help grow Trulia more.

Answers

5
Like the other Realtors, I would like to have the ability to modify my listings. For example, I have one listing that has the incorrect number of baths - not from the MLS or from my broker - that I cannot change. I have had a price reduction over a week ago that has yet to change on Trulia. Being able to manipulate our own listings would definitely be an improvement. Thanks!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 27, 2008
My guess is that this is a technical design issue, where as Pam said, the links are fed in through the brokerage so Trulia does not have individual agent sites.

However, I do agree that Trulia might want to allow us (at least the ones that have registered on Trulia to be able to edit the lsting so

1) we can add our personal contact info, including the website and
2) we can make sure the information is up to date - since the feed may not come in regularly, the information can be outdated quickly. Allowing agent updates will be very beneficial.

If not, perhaps at least they can allow us to link the listing to our Trulia profile which will then have all Trulia related information about us.

Sylvia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 22, 2008
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
Hi Scott,

Pam and Sylvia are basically correct here. Please note however that we are working to address these issues and I expect that you'll see some big improvements later this year.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel appreciated for your efforts here on Voices or the listing information you've provided to us. I'm obviously biased since I work here, but I'm amazed at how hard the Trulia team works to satisfy the needs of both the home-buyer and home-seller audience and real estate professionals as well. Keep telling us what you want and we'll do our best to deliver, but patience is required so that we can take time to develop ideas and make sure we offer the best products possible.

Sharon, if you happen to read this please follow the link we provide on our display of your listing to view additional photos and details. That's were the bath information is coming from and once it is corrected on that site it should update on Trulia automatically. If you find that this isn't the case then please flag the listing or email us so we can investigate the issue. Though we don't provide agents the ability to edit their listings at this time, we certainly want their listing information to be correct.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
I'm starting to think that Trulia is now going the easier route by seeking listings via MLS's rather than try to attract local agents to improve their offerings. I really enjoy the layout of Trulia but at times don't really feel appreciated for allowing my listings to appear here & especially adding to my listings here and contributing to Trulia Voices. Wonder what would happen if all agents boycotted Trulia for a set period to "prove" our contributions to induce them to "reward" our efforts?
Web Reference: http://www.Medfordhouse.com
Scott...

Good question. I believe it is just another avenue to connect with the agent. Some of the listings are a direct feed by their company and they may not have a profile with trulia.
Pam Winterba…, Real Estate Pro in Danville, VA