Using Trulia in 23455>Question Details

Alison Cream…, Real Estate Pro in Virginia Beach, VA

Why do you use Trulia to advertise and not Zillow ?

Asked by Alison Creamer, Virginia Beach, VA Tue Jan 19, 2010

I wanted to get an idea from the community why they choose one over the other ?

Answers

9
Hi Alison
I use Trulia because of the overall high quality they are managing to keep.
I have a Zillow account and I have tried Zillow a few times but I am always shocked how agents and non agents can be so insulting.
I find agents and non agents on Trulia to be in majority respectful of each others. Trulia is not perfect but I find it better from my experience and perspective.
Hi Alison, I too have had more success with Trulia - and the reason is that buyers seem to prefer Trulia. I started with Zillow, but like Cathy, found the environment negative - I must admit at this point I barely go to Zillow anymore.
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi Alison: I use both sites but have better results with Trulia. Trulia is also easier for me to stay in contact with my clients.

Iris Finn
Wainwright Real Estate
4098 Foxwood Drive
Virginia Beach, Va 23462
757-705-0602
finndandi@cox.net
I use both, but Trulia provides more leads and contact with buyers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 4, 2010
Great Alison- So now let's get to work and make Trulia an integral part of your overall marketing effort.
Like most other tools and platforms, it will work for you if you use it well and consistently.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 23, 2010
Thanks for the replies. I see that Zillow is charging to put listing on manually. I have opted to not support that model and wondered if that was a bad choice. With so many data feeds to all different sites it most likely wont matter anyway
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 21, 2010
I really like Trulia and not so much with Zillow. You just have to really figure out what will work in your area. Trulia may be great in New York but is it great in Virginia? Do some market research of your own and come to a conclusion. If you ask this question on Zillow, everyone on Zillow will tell you Zillow is better than Trulia...
Alison I was wondering this same exact thing today!

I looked back at all the leads I have received in the last year...and they ALL came fro Trulia. The only thing I noticed that was driven by Zillow was the foot traffic I had received at an open House I posted in REIN a while back, which created an open house alert in Zillow.

They both work in their own ways I guess
It's simple, Trulia is simple and user friendly. It does not matter what site I like the best, buyers and sellers seem to like Trulia better.
I am here to help bring the buyers and sellers together. If you love helping people you need to be seen where the people who need help are.