Deborah, Renter in Frederick, MD

Why are houses still showing that they are for sale etc. and when you inquire about them they are under contract /or something.

Asked by Deborah, Frederick, MD Sun Jun 10, 2012

Answers

5
Hi Debroah,

MLS's can update the data feeds they send to Trulia at any time, and we process these updates every night. However, we receive listing information from many other sources as well.

To ensure that our data is accurate and up-to-date, we ask that you alert us when you do encounter listings for sale that have already been sold. You can do this by using the "Report an Error" feature on every property page: http://i.imgur.com/1xZ5V.png

I hope that helps to answer your question. If there's anything else I can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out.

Andrew
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
andrew@trulia.com
The lag time for most websites can be from 1 to 3 days before the status change from an "acitive" listing to "Under-contract" or for rental homes " Application Received" can be posted.

The metropolitan MLS system or "MRIS" has a consumer site available for home buyers called
LISTING BOOK which is owned by the MRIS system. The Listing Book website is refreshed every 90
seconds for accurate housing availablility and also gives you more individual information on each home.

Email me your email address and I will set you up with a FREE... Listing Book account.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group
gregorymyers@mris.com
Realtors do not have control over 3rd. party websites like Trulia, Zillow, etc. The best way to look for the most current properties for sale is from your Realtor or I have a fantastic service called Listingbook that is directly tied to our MLS system. http://www.FREEListingBook.com/
Hi Deborah,

Lots of lag on the websites. Be happy to set you up with the best site there is, and you can search in realtime like agents do.

Give me a call or drop me an email, and I'll get you going.

I can also set you up for my daily search for all my buyers, done by a real person. If you are searching, and we are searching, all the better!

I'm right here in Frederick and work everyday in the area market. Look forward to hearing from you and to helping you.

Peter
Peter,
Thanks for answering back. This sounds great. will email you!

Deborah
Flag Sun Jun 10, 2012
Because online services like Trulia, Zillow etc get their listings from many sources and the agents don't come here and update them. We update our MLS but these sites don't always get the updates, just the listings when they are new. Agents often have no idea where their listings are being displayed and so we do not go around updating them. If you are serious about purchasing then find an agent to work with, looking online is nice and will give you an idea what is there but these sites are totally badly out of date. Our MLS systems are 100% up to date so find an agent to send you listings and use these sites to get an idea of what is out there - or what WAS out there.