Jill Haselman, Home Buyer in Wellesley, MA

Which buyer brokers are most experienced in REO's in the greater Boston marketplace?

Asked by Jill Haselman, Wellesley, MA Tue Mar 10, 2009

Looking for a serious buyer's agent who will work hard to find the right deal (and maybe a few). Must know the short sale business and how to navigate through the system, etc...

Answers

5
Andrea J. Mealey’s answer
Dear Jill,

I am sorry to respond so late after your initial post. If you have not already decided upon an agent, I wanted to express my interest in working with you. I am an experienced broker/owner of an independent brokerage and have invested in distressed properties as well. I have my JD and worked for a large bank as a paralegal while in law school during the downturn of the 1990's. I know the in's and out's of the foreclosure and short sale processes from the inside and out.

Please contact me if I may be of assistance in answering any questions and I am always available to meet to discuss your investment strategy and goals. My information is available in my Trulia profile. Best of luck in your searches.

Kind regards,
Andrea Mealey
Thats awesome Jill, I hope you find the right one. I just helped a family close in January on a REO in Hyde Park. It is a very trying task and you have to know the neighborhoods and know the transaction process, which can be verrry slow. If you are buying a foreclosed home with a loan, you also need a versatile lender who is experienced with REOs. The financing is usually the difficult part for most.

Use my website to search Boston homes, http://www.ShaunsHouses.com. I live in Dorchester, I have REO property two streets away, and I am listing two Mattapan multifamilies in the Spring. With all due respect to the other agents, Dorchester, Mattapan, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain is and has been my playground. I know all of the areas inside out.

My office # is 617-522-2200 and I work in the Prudential Unlimited Office in Jamaica Plain.

-Shaun G
Web Reference: http://ShaunsHouses.com
Hi Jill,
I have worked with several buyers on short sale and bank owned properties. The unfortunate problem with being on the buying end is that you are really at the mercy of how hard the listing agent is willing to work to get a deal done. It really is a crap shoot, but you will know quickly what you are dealing with. As a buyer's agent I have no problem following up on a regular basis with listing agents.

Contact me if you would like to exchange ideas on the subject to see if we can work together to achieve your goals. I work primarily in the Essex and Middlesex Counties, but I can give you some contacts to work with in other parts of the State if you need.
Hi Jill, I specialize in working with buyers of bank owned properties. I also work with short sales but generally advise my clients to steer clear of them unless it's a property they need to have. I'm available if you're interested in working with an experienced and intelligent broker. Thanks, Jon
Web Reference: http://www.BowenBoston.com
Hi Jill,

You have made your requests very clear. I would love to be considered for the job!

Please feel free to check out my profile here on Trulia Pro.

Judy Boyle
Weichert Realtors
Northborough, MA