For Rent in 44146>Question Details

Diane Coleman, Home Buyer in 44125

Where! do I find rent with option to buy homes in bedford ohio 44146 ? i figure with the housing market being so open now they would be every where

Asked by Diane Coleman, 44125 Fri Jan 1, 2010

can any one help me get connected to this sort of thing would appreciate it very much Thank You !

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 44146

Answers

4
Lots of ways to find them. Among them:

-----------MLS-------------
Some properties are listed as lease-options (or lease-purchases, or rent-to-own, or land contracts, or contract for deeds) on the MLS. Not a huge number, but some.

Look for properties that say "owner financing."

Look for properties that are listed as both for sale and for rent, even if neither mentions "lease-option."

Look for properties that are listed as both for sale and vacant. Offer the owner a lease-option.

Look for properties that are listed as both for rent and vacant. Offer the owner a lease-option.

Look for properties that are listed as for rent that have out-of-town owners. Offer the owner a lease-option.

-------------Not on MLS------------

Look on Craigslist for lease-options, lease-purchases, contract for deed, etc.

As you're driving around, look for homes for sale by owner.

Call up people advertising their homes for rent and offer to do a lease-option.

Identify a community, then do a direct mailing to people in that community offering to do a lease-option. (A Realtor can easily pull the mailing information from tax records.)

Those are just a few of the ways. There are dozens more.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 1, 2010
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Hi Diane,
If you would like I could set up a search of the Multiple Listings to see what is available. Though a particular property may not show it as a "Rent-to-Own", the sellers may be willing to consider such an opportunity.
Right now, with interest rates low & the wonderful tax credits that are available for homes that under contract before the end of April, it is a wonderrful time to be a buyer.
Please drop me an e-mail at John@CallRealtorJohn.com or call me at 440-487-2193 and we can set the parameters to find your new home.
As a realtor that works in the Bedford-Solon are, I look forward to helping you find your new home.
Sincerely yours,
John Wirsing
e-Pro Realtor, CPDE
RE/MAX Premiere Properties
Hey there Diane...

Once again, Don Tepper has given some great information on lease-to-own's. They tend to be "created" more so than they are "found".

The only other thing I could add to Don's great post is to utilize Professionals that have successfully constructed & understand these type transactions...(Real Estate Attorney's, Title Companies, Mortgage Lenders, Lease-to-Own Companies/Investors who specialize in them, and if you choose to use one, a Real Estate Agent). You just want to make sure all your i's are dotted and t's are crossed so that there are no issues down the road. It's generally better to have all the items agreed upon PRIOR to moving into the house and starting the lease. This clears up any confusion as to who is responsible for what...etc.

Best wishes,

Darin
Lease-to-Own Professional
Independant Consultant
Web Reference: http://www.hhiinvesting.com
I do not see any fantastic advantage for you in taking that strategy Diane, unless the banks are doing something to encourage that activity. Get your credit cards paid, get your ratios in line with what the banks want. Save up or get your hands on some down payment money and go after a home you like the way you can get the best price-Qualified to get the mortgage! Speak to a top mortgage professional, HE WILL TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. Make sure he is right and do what he says. You should get a great home at a great price. Do not be afraid to use family, friends, business associates or anyone who can help you. Know this, there are few short cuts do what needs to be done the right way and you will benefit!!

Good luck and any other questions you can email me at ray.spaziani@gmail.com I have been doing this for 39 years and this is one thing that has not changed. Good Luck!!