Using Trulia in New York>Question Details

Tammy C. Ben…, Real Estate Pro in Katonah, NY

When is a blog actually a blog?

Asked by Tammy C. Benkwitt, Katonah, NY Sun Feb 10, 2013

I am on a feed to receive Trulia blog posts. Blogs are supposed to be helpful productive info about real estate or the local area, etc. But much to my dissapointment, most of the blogs are either blatant copies of others work (KCM posts which I already subscribe to), links to an agents web site, or a link with no narrative to a list of schools websites, and now an agent is just posting a graphic with a question about finding a house near a library? What gives? I wonder what buyers and sellers are thinking when they get the blog feeds and see all this noise? Content is king!

Answers

5
The issue is this, and it's my opinion. If Trulia or other social and public blogs start censoring re-posts from other agents or other individuals, eventually these people who may from time to time contribute original content will stop doing so.

You also have the problem with man power. I doubt it will pay off for someone to invest money into writing an algorithm to track and trace this. And if it has to be done manually, there is simply too much content coming in for cross referencing original content and copies.

And finally, most people aren't familiar with copyrights or how sharing of content works on the internet.
I appreciate the reply Janet.

It's not just KCM, that's one example. The poor content of some blogs is something I think Trulia should try to find a way to improve.
Tammy it doesn't really matter. Steve Harney encourages subscribing agents to put the word out there. I wouldn't worry about what other agents do, get the good messages out to your client base, that's what I do.. In the big picture of things it's only a fraction of agents that subscribe to KCM so who cares. I don't really read the blogs much I'm more in the the Q&As. Take care and all the best.

Janet Nation, CBR
Sailing Home Realty
Direct: 646-321-9649
Office: 516-377-4760
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
http://www.jnationproperties.com
I love KCM. I don't like when agents take credit for that content.
Tammy,

I suggest you unsubscribe if it's no longer working for you. KCM is as good as it gets with helpful information about real estate. Social media is hard to control.

Janet Nation, CBR
Sailing Home Realty
Direct: 646-321-9649
Office: 516-377-4760
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
http://www.jnationproperties.com