Using Trulia in Just Us>Question Details

Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA

What is a "Trulia unique number?"

Asked by Jim Walker, Carmichael, CA Wed Jul 20, 2011

Answers

5
What the agents said below is true. The one drawback is who had the number before it was assigned to your account, i.e. an old debt collection agency that was not very good at their jobs.
Web Reference: http://hesshomefinder.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 20, 2011
Hi Jim,

The unique phone number that Trulia has assigned to you is part of a new product called Instant Leads, now available to all Trulia Pro subscribers. When a new lead calls this number Trulia will alert you automatically with either a phone call or an SMS message, allowing you to respond to your lead faster and increase the chances that you connect with that lead.

For more information about Instant Leads, please review the FAQs located at the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
I see, it rings through to my choice of cell phone or land line. Call forwarding.

I can see that it can be useful for tracking the number of "hits"

Acting on Darrell's caveat, I googled my new unique number to see if it had an unsavory past.
It didn't. That's good.

One concern for me though is prefix. which is associated with Meadowview in south Sacramento. I am in Roseville on the northeast side. My home and cell have Placer county prefixes. I know that there are some good affordable home values in Meadowview. Yet, with the price of gas and the driving time difference, I would prefer to be associated with a prefix closer to my home in Roseville.

Is there any disadvantage in bypassing the Trulia unique number and associating that with my Roseville or Granite Bay phone number?
That number rings to your number
I number given to agents by Trulia for customers (of Trulia) to use to reach that agent.