Question Details

Sharon Go, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA

What Trulia widgets do you find the most helpful and why? Are there any widgets you'd like to see us create for you?

Asked by Sharon Go, San Francisco, CA Thu Apr 22, 2010

More info here: http://www.trulia.com/tools/

Answers

8
I agree with Sam, I would love a widget to showcase all of my listings. That would go on my home page. i do use several widgets on my site already, including the one that showcases my listings per city. That works well for a city but still want a carosel with all my listings. Please!
Web Reference: http://JoelFridayHomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
I would love to utilize a widget that positions all of my listings and places them in price order starting from highest to lowest price.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 4, 2010
Sharon, I have seen widgets referred to once in awhile. I have never seen them on the site. It seems to me on of the best way to showcase them would be to have a tab for them like "my trulia" and the other categories.

p.s. I have no idea what is widget is for except as a imaginary product in a business discussion.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 27, 2010
I like and use the Trulia Town Snapshot widget, which fits nicely into a sidebar on my web site. I like giving visitors to my site as many options as possible, so this Trulia widget is just one of many that I use.

Here's an idea for a widget - as more and more MLS systems are incorporating green categories for listings, perhaps a market will soon develop for people searching only for "green-related" home choices in a particular area. I'd certainly add that one to my site!

Thanks for asking and engaging us customers! :-)

-Tim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 27, 2010
I think you're doing a great job.
Do they have one that will showcase your testimonials?
@ Tim Cahill - thanks so much for the feedback! Glad to hear you enjoy using the Trulia snapshot widget among many others. I do notice the market for green homes growing, but I think we still have a ways to go. Once that market develops further, we'll definitely look into a widget that'll make searching for a 'green' home easier. Please keep the ideas coming!
Sharon:

I'd like to have an easy way to find the various widgets. I have one widget on my web site that has my team photo, a link to our profile on Truila and a list my answers running down the the whole side of our home page. I handle all of our site design and SEO, so I know I did it; but, if someone would ask me how I did it, I don't remember. Thanks for asking your customers for feedback!