Using Trulia in Orleans>Question Details

Marc Norgeot, Real Estate Pro in Orleans, MA

Trulia web manager: You are posting the sale of a property which is not for sale and did not sell. See below

Asked by Marc Norgeot, Orleans, MA Fri Dec 18, 2009

Trulia.com is showing the sale of 12 Prides Path, Orleans, MA 02653 on 6/24/09 for $495,000. This house is owned by an elderly couple. It is NOT for sale. It has NOT sold recently. THis has to be a TYPO.
I am a realtor who was called by the owners and asked to see to a correction. You can reach me at :
Mnorgeot@wilkinsonre.com I am a Trulia user and am happy with your site. THis error is in need of a correction. THe couple has 6 children from out of the area and this has created a family squabble because the children feel that the property is listed and can't understand the gaff. Thank you.
You can phone me at 508-237-1764

Answers

4
Marc did they transfer the property to a trust in June? A property transfer that is recorded will show as a sale on Trulia and similar type web sites. You may also want to check the recorders office for them to see if there is anything they should be concerned about.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 18, 2009
Here is another example of this type of misinformation. http://www.trulia.com/homes/Massachusetts/Canton/sold/136978…

The house is own by a couple since 1983. The house is now for sell and I am the buyer's agent for this house. I don't understand where Trulia got the info that this house was sold in 2005.
Hi Marc,

Welcome to Trulia Voices and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. If you access the link below, you should find that we do not indicate that this property is for sale at this time. We do however show a prior sale for the home. I've found this same price and date of sale on other sites as well in which case I'd encourage the homeowners to check the public records that are on file for their home. The information we post as public record comes from data made publicly available by the county assessors office. If the homeowners find that the assessor records are indeed correct, please have them contact our Customer Service team via http://support.trulia.com/ to make the necessary corrections to our display.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 18, 2009
maybe you should contact trulia directly?