Question Details

Debra (Debbi…, Real Estate Pro in Livingston, NJ

Trulia - the "flag" button has not been working! Help!

Asked by Debra (Debbie) Rose, Livingston, NJ Mon Aug 20, 2012

I am not able to flag any questions or responses - is it just me, or are others having the same issue?

Answers

15
I don't know what you're talkin' about Debra... I was able to go through your last 1,000 comments and flag them all as inappropriate and spam....

what up!? ;-)
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
Due to your overhwelming interest in what I had/have to say, I will award you a BEST ANSWER Alan!

hahaha

(Ali, you really deserved it for having the problem fixed, , but we need to help the little people along the way.......and besides.........now he owes me one!)
:)
to flag or not to falg... that is the question!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 21, 2012
o v e r w h e l m i n g

see, I CAN spell it!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
awww Alan, I knew I could count on you!! (hope you're having a great summer!)

Thanks Ali - I tried it out, and it's all better now.......pardon me while I flag a few comments!

:)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Ha! Glad it's back up and running, thanks for helping make our community even better Debra.
Flag Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have fixed the issue so that you can now moderate by flagging from your end. We really appreciate you staying on top of flagging helping make Trulia Voices such a valuable community.

You may need to click on the refresh button, but it should be all fixed. If you have additional questions or feedback, never hesitate to reach out!

Ali, Community Manager
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Thank you for bringing this to our attention Debbie. Our team has been able to duplicate the issue and our engineers have been alerted and asked to implement a fix asap. We don't have any word on timing just yet, but when we do, our team will post an update.

Thanks for your patience while we get this fixed!

Emily
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Well, I'm able to flag spam questions or responses. I don't know if that does anything though.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
I have not had any trouble clicking spam or duplicate either. It seems to be working here.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
I have not been having any trouble... are you attempting to flag "as spam"?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
just wait until I call in that marker lan!
haha

:)
Woo Hoo!! "Best Answer"!
Thanks so much Emily!!

I am glad this wasn't an oblique/secret message being sent only to me!!

:)
thanks for your input Tina..........still no luck on my part!

(I won't take it personally!!)

as far as whether flagging spam does anything.............sometimes it does, and the posts will be removed by trulia moderators..........but sometimes it doesn't result in any action, as the spam rules here have become very lax over the past few years, so it has to be blatant to be removed (imo).

(apparently a one line generic response, followed by 12 lines of lists of awards, slogans, contact numbers and website/email info isn't considered spam.)
thanks for your responses. I tried to flag one thead in particular as "off topic" and "inappropriate" but to no avail......tried to flag another one as "duplicate" and it wouldn't work, either. Another agent emailed me that she, also, cannot flag comments, so I wondered if this was limited to just a few of us, or more pervasive.

(maybe someone is trying to tell me something!! haha)