Using Trulia in USA>Question Details

Linda Combs, Real Estate Pro in Canton, OH

Trulia interferes in licensed Realtor's business, imposing yourself in my listings, taking advantage of the public& me and licensed agents.

Asked by Linda Combs, Canton, OH Fri Jun 22, 2012

Stop harrassing me.
Stop emailing me.
Stop using my information on your welsite

0 votes Share Flag Using Trulia in USA

Answers

6
Linda....you might want to contact Trulia directly with any questions rather than making a public post for everyone to see.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 22, 2012
Hi Linda,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that Trulia interferes with your business or that we're harassing you in any way. We can definitely stop emailing you and remove your information from the site. I went ahead and unsubscribed your email address so you shouldn't receive any further email from us. I'll also be happy to go ahead and deactivate your account if you like.

Feel free to email me directly (emily at trulia dot com) or contact our Customer Service team by phone at 888-466-3501 Monday - Friday 7am to 4pm PST, or by email via the link below if you need more help.

Best Wishes,

Emily
Linda, I am a consumer interested in all types of real estate. I find that sites like Trulia offer an overview of a property. If I am interested, I'll go see it. If I'm further interested, I'll contact an agent. I fully research anything I purchase, and a lot of the time, I know more than the agent. I am one of those who thrive on new technology. I do the work; all I need you for is to open the door, quite frankly. From that point, you write it up. Actually, it could save you time, energy and obvious frustration to work with those like me and sites like Trulia. So, don't condemn the site. As the others stated; it can be a positive experience for you. Get your name out there! Good luck.
Harassing: Contact your local police.

E-mailing: Click any "Remove" links in the e-mails. Set up a spam filter with your e-mail provider to filter out Trulia e-mails.

Using your information on the website: Trulia has arrangements with local MLS operations around the country. If that's where they're getting the information, contact your local MLS and see if there's any way to block your listings from feeding into Trulia (and other sites, such as Zillow).

Taking advantage of the public: If it's serious enough, contact your local consumer protection agency. Otherwise, blog (with details), explaining what's happening.
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Not sure Linda where your frustration comes from...... Are YOU not the one putting your listing on
Trulia? How in the world did it get there? and How is Trulia taking advantage of the public? and how is
trulia taking advantage of YOU and licensed agents?

I have not had any of your experiences. Are you new to Trulia? I can sense in your post that you are
frustrated, you should not be. Read the responses below, take a deep breath and explore trulia a little
bit more, it may just become "Your Friend" :)

Good Luck to you, and just take it easy, I know our business is not always easy and many more times
frustrating than not.... Hope all will go well for you..... I wish you certainly the very BEST....

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith Karoline Jasser YourRealtor4Life! Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients....
Covering the city of Chicago and all N and NW suburbs, some of the W and SW suburbs and the fine homes of the NorthShore with @Properties with several offices in the city of Chicago, Evanston, Winnetka, Highland Park and Lake Forest
30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093

EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com or EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com (preferred)
Go to my website to find out about YourRealtor4Life, my services, expertise and feel free
to sign up for mailings of properties available.
http://tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
Isn't wonderful to be able to vent? I'm a Realtor in Alabama and I used to feel as you did. I have since found that while all the information on Trulia is not correct it is a site the public goes to for information about listings and about real estate in general. I claim the listings that are mine, so the public can contact me about them. I have written, what I hope is helpful articles about purchasing real estate on the free blog they allow Realtors to have. I have helped many buyers buy homes who have found me via Trulia. I think if you investigate further the benefits Trulia can provide you to reach the public I think you will find Trulia to be less annoying and actually quite helpful. I know I did.