Using Trulia in 60504>Question Details

Karen Simpson, Home Seller in 60504

This house is FSBO. How do I list it?

Asked by Karen Simpson, 60504 Mon Oct 20, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Illinois/Aurora/sold/328697-1733…

Answers

8
Karen,
It is a very tough time to sell, a lot of people have a misconception of "Selling By Owner" in this market. What I have experienced, is many FSBO try to sell on their own to save the commission, when in turn if you list with a Realtor and work as a team, you will sell your home at a higher price and a lot quicker. When I go for a listing appointment one of the first things I typically tell my sellers that the commission should be the last thing to worry about. The most important things to do in order to sell your home in this market is, price your home right, staging your home, getting the most marketing and the most important thing is finding a Realtor that you can work well with and be a team!! I would love to touch base with you and see if we can work together as a team to get your home sold. Have a great day and I hope to hear from you soon.
Melodie Beaver
630-618-7075

Melodie M. Beaver
Coldwell Banker Res. Brokerage
"Marketing Specialist"
Multi-Million Dollar Producer
Fax: 630-723-5693
Melodie.Beaver@cbexchange.com
Please consider the environment before printing this email. Go Green!!
Karen,

Brandon is correct. At this time trulia only accepts agent/broker listings. While postlets is a free service, I still prefer the added value for the few bucks their plus version provides. BTW, while postlets home page would lead one to believe that if you list there, your listing would automatically be syndicated to trulia and zillow, that isn't necessarily so. On another page in a faint print footnote, they state agent/broker listings only. The link below may be of some value to you, if you are doing a FSBO. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/08/thinking_about_…
Good Afternoon Karen,

You are aboutto get swamped with offers to list, dont jump on the first person, or the biggest company. talk to a couple of different people, make sure you are comfortable in how they present themselves. Ask them if they have experience with homes like yours and in your area. ask how they will market and where and how often they will advertise, make sure they split theor commission 50/50 with buyer agents and make sure they do assisted showings. make sure you tell them what you expect and what they say is inline with your thoughts. good luck
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Landvoice.com--is a free service I believe! Lots of FSBO's there.
Web Reference: http://www.danfirks.com
Karen,

Be prepared. You just waved a flag and watch how popular you become now with Realtors. You'll even get Realtors from out of State trying to get you to let them refer someone to you.

Unfortunately you have to be a licensed Real Estate Agent in order to be able to advertise on Trulia. Becareful because many Realtors don't even advertise here.
Karen,

You can list it on postlets.com for free. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Hello Karen,

I have a home listed at 1585 Victoria Park Circle in your neighborhood. I would be happy to interview for the position of listing your home. You can email me at chris@clarkhometeam.com or call me at 630-513-3918. Thanks!
Find a good Realtor, I would be happy to refer one to you if you like.
Just email me back and I can have you a Realtor tomorrow.

Jim Hemphill
jwhemphill@cbtulsa.com
918.636.6876