Using Trulia in Muskegon>Question Details

Penny, Home Seller in Muskegon, MI

The information on my home is not correct and doesn't have a picture, how can I contact the person responsible

Asked by Penny, Muskegon, MI Wed Jul 11, 2007

Answers

5
You are kidding right? You are just testing to see what kind of responses you will get (i hope)? If not I am slightly confused because if you have an agent an agent is responsible for accuracy of information, and I can promise you if it is wrong on Trulia it is probably wrong on other on-line sites as well. If you have an agent check their website out first to see if it is on their website properly, if not (as I suspect) you might want to find yourself an agent who is more responsible with the marketing of your home. NOW if you are a For Sale By Owner again I don't understand the misinformation, because most FSBO's take great pride in making sure the information they impart is correct, and the chances are relatively small that Trulia somehow mismanaged the information, the system just isn't set up that way. Soo. my guess is tell your agent to get it right or get another agent
If your home appears on Trulia with incorrect info, contact your real estate agent. Even if your agent or his/her Broker did not directly arrange for the property to appear on Trulia, he or she will be able to trace the source to arrange for corrections.
Web Reference: http://PeninsulaFirst.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 11, 2007
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Hi Penny,
If you found an error in a listing that appears on Trulia, please report the error by clicking on the "Report an error" flag in the left-hand side, below the property details, and our data folks will investigate.
Thanks!
Are you selling your home on your own? I only ask this question because it seems extremely sad that you would ask this if you were working with an agent.

I can see where the picture may not be ready - but the information posted should be checked and double checked. Again - depending on how long the information has been on the services - your agent should be notified ASAP to right the wrong.

Alot of times the discrepancies are from typos by administrative staff entering the info in the first place. But start with your agent - today!
First of all, contact the person who submitted the information, e.g. Realtor, Broker etc., point out the error and have them correct it and include a photo of your home. If the information gleened from the tax records is wrong, a statement such as "Public Records Incorrect" could clarify discrepancies.
Web Reference: http://PhilFowler.com