Using Trulia in Jacksonville>Question Details

Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in Jacksonville, FL

The Trulia Voices questions hit my email 3-6 hours late. Is this an inefficiency in the Trulia computer system or an attempt to milk more fees?

Asked by Christopher Hernandez, Jacksonville, FL Thu Jan 7, 2010

If it is a system defect that can be fixed please do so as the several hour delay does not give me a chance to answer promptly, if one needs to pay extra in order to receive the questions in a timely manor please remove me from the list.

Answers

6
Frances Flynn Thorsen’s answer
It's a great time to take a look at e-mail systems. I met with a Trulia Voice yesterday in Dallas - Cindie Stewart is an AMAZING broker and one of the tops in the country with a keen sense for Internet marketing. Cindie and I share a pet peeve, real estate professionals using Hotmail and AOL and Yahoo! mail and other forms of digital delivery that are highly unreliable. Some studies estimate up to 18% of all LEGITIMATE e-mail originating at that genre provider NEVER reaches its intended destination.

Other providers range from poort to excellent. My favorite e-mail service is eMailPlus offered at InternetCrusade (link follows).
Hi Christopher,

After some further investigation by our engineering team we verified that the email alerts are sent on time. Therefore, we think that the delay is happening on the receiving end. Hopefully, this is just a temporary issue and it will be addressed by your email provider very soon.

vicky
Christopher,
Is this consistent or did it happen once? Have you tried providing another email address? No need to pay extra for the use of email alerts.
Hi Christopher,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Our engineering team is looking into it and we will come back to you with an update shortly. To help us better investigate, could you please let us know what email provider you are using?

thanks
vicky (from trulia)
I found that using some free email systems resulted in slow mail. Yahoo was very slow for me at times getting my email. Maybe you have a similar problem?
Have you think about your Email? Maybe your email has a delay.

I ussually get email notice in less than 10 minutes.

Also, there is no "list". You need to uncheck the email notice.

http://www.trulia.com/account/alerts/