Using Trulia in Tampa>Question Details

Surfereddie, Home Buyer in Tampa, FL

STOP AND READ THIS. You have a great site!!!! However, it is useless to me.

Asked by Surfereddie, Tampa, FL Thu Aug 27, 2009

I need to be able to remove a listing company from my searches. They are a phishing company called "Realtytrac" I'm sure you get plenty of revenue from them. However, they do not give the address with their listings thus they are phishing. They have listings in every area and just want you to call. Good for them and Trulia bad for the home buyers.
I emailed in prior and your solution was to remove foreclosures from my search criteria. Well I don't want to remove foreclosures just the companies that don't give the full address. I'm using other sites at this time but will check back to see if you've changed.

Hey, I would like to know what sites you are using to look up foreclosures. I too do not want to pay to see public records.
Also, I don't think buyers are aware that there are companies that let you search for homes and when buyer/seller fill out the information and are connected to a realtor' GUESS WHAT...THE REALTOR GETS CHARGED A LEAD FEE, whether it is a legitimate lead or not.
Hey Surfer,

I agree Truila is a great site. It's great for getting started and for making connections. But lisitings on this site and all the others like it are really just the modern day classified ads that have replaced the newspaper classifieds. Not a problem if you understand that. They can give you an idea of where to get started when you are a long way away.

If you want to find an REO bargain in a specific area, then get a realtor in that area. Realtors have extremely sophisticated search tools on the real MLS. They are able to tell you the minute new REO bargains come on the market, which is crucial in today's fast moving REO market.

Mark LeMenager
Weichert, Realtors - Hallmark Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 31, 2009
In our opinion both you and Dunes have a legitimate this is an issue that is becoming more and more pronounced for those individuals that are using Trulia for their real estate needs.

We and many others hope for an early resolution............

Thank you for posting your concerns.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 27, 2009
Thanks Surfereddie

It's my opinion you make a legitimate point.

Good luck and hope to see ya back someday, Dunes
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 27, 2009
Yes, use every opportunity to spam the services of a Realtor . That's the way to connect with the public.
How wonderful you make the comment I agree.

SOLUTION: Realtor in your specified area who can forward you foreclosures via automatic email alert saves you time .Listings are posted in MLS

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter:
Web Reference:
I might sound silly.......... but have you ever wonder why people ever bother to get a license?
if you ask me for istance, I would anser:
after i brought my first home at 18, sold it, brought another... and so on, now that I'm 40, I wanted to see the other flip of the coin.
I came to learn that Realtors make a living out selling homes, and if they're any good they actually help you find the right information, the right property at the right price......for free, exept for some trust!
It is great that nowadays people do have access to a lot informations, which eventually still need a little experties to be understood! at the same time it is unfortunate that people trust more a website rather than a warm, human being that actually made Real Eastate his profession.
best wishes.
I'm confused Barbara

If the "foreclosure" confusion was caused by an E-Mail you sent Sufereddie that would suggest to me that you have his E-Mail address.

So why would you post a plea here in the Forum to help him and ask him to E-Mail you..

Could you not have just sent him an E-Mail to clear up the mistake you made when you sent him the "Foreclosure" E-Mail?

Besides his Question and who's Foreclosure info he was commenting about is very clear.

It was Trulia's foreclosure info provided by Realty Trac.

Are you sending your clients or potential clients to Trulia when they ask for Foreclosure info in your area?

I'm not very smart so it is easy for me to get confused......Your post confuses me.

Hi Surfereddie,

I apologize for the "foreclosure" confusion and am not at all sure how that information got into my email to you. At any rate, I absolutely can assist you with your home search in several ways. If you will allow me to help you further just email me at so we can begin to seriously work together and find the home you are looking for. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Surfereddie,

Thank you for your feedback. I'll be sure to share it with the rest of our team here.

Please note that RealtyTrac is our only foreclosure listing provider, so if you remove all foreclosure listings from your search as advised, you will, in essence, be removing all, and only, RealtyTrac listings from your search results.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or suggestions for us.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Community Moderator