Using Trulia in Dallas>Question Details

Sally Chandl…, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

My house is listed on Trulia without my authorization. We are the current home owners. How do we get it delisted?

Asked by Sally Chandler, Dallas, TX Sat Jun 30, 2012

Answers

10
Chad Gray’s answer
Kudos to you Ali for helping Sally remove her home from Trulia. It's nice to know Trulia staff is monitoring the site.

Chad Gray, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
754-300-6040
Why would you want to do that? Are you honestly selling your property? Your agents job is to sell your home to other agents and to sell to the public. He/she is certainly doing their job if your property is on Trulia and your property is being exposed to the public. You could gain thousands of dollars more for a well advertised property. Think again about delisting ... it is probably not a wise thing to do to get your home sold in a quick time for the most money.
This information is totally incorrect. My house is listed for sale. Zillow has the information correct BUT Trulia has my house listed as a one family and estimated at approx. 1/3 of what the true value is. It is having a negative affect on the sale of my home and this mis-information definitely did not come from my realtor. I have emailed them multiple times with no response other than an email saying someone has changed information on my claimed home. Yes that would be me trying to salvage any possibility of selling my home. I click, check and say publish but to no avail. I get another email telling me "someone" is trying to make changes. I just want my house off their website.
Flag Fri Mar 15, 2013
Hi Sally,

I was able to expedite your request to have this listing removed. For future reference, please note that this is a public record and can be found on other listings as well.

I am happy to be a resource if you have additional questions!

Ali, Community Manager
Be sure to check if your home appears on other aggregate websites;

Zillow, Yahoo, Frontdoor, cyberhomes, Homefinder, Hotpads, Openhouse, RealtyTrac, CLRSearch, Enormo, Propbot, Vast, Lycos, eRealInvestor, Landwatch, oodle, WalMart, MyRealty, Homes.com, Local, tweetlister, PropertyPursuit, Homeworks, FreedomSoft, PropertyShark, USHUD, ComCast, HomesandLand, Homesbook, RE605, realestate.com, Hotpads, cyberhomes, SecondSpace, Nicheproperties, Dothomes, HomeZ, Kazork, VivaRealUs, reamf .....

I'm tired.

It a situation that is truly out of control.
HI Sally,

We spoke earlier; I will personally call my contact at Trulia on your behalf Monday.

This is ridiculous that it has happened and I am sorry you are having to deal with this. I am annoyed at Trulia for not having better safeguards in place to prevent this from occurring. I will let you know if I learn anything from my conversation with them as to how this happened.

Debbie Ingram
Vice President
Allie Beth Allman and Associates
http://www.debbieingram.com
972-380-7841
Thanks for your responses I sent an email to Trulia's customer service. It's deeply distrubing that our house is listed when we have not contacted an agent or broker and have no plans to sell. We purchased our home 3 years ago in 2009 and the pictures from that listing are now on Trulia 3 years later. It is false adversting and discredits the Trulia website.
You are required to contact Trulia customer service direct

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
You can just call Trulia and have it remove... assuming you are not having your home even on the market.

You should contact whoever list it on Trulia as well.
If your home was listed with a broker who entered it into the local multiple listing service, it automatically appears on Trulia. If you do not wish it to be advertised on the internet or listed in the multiple listing service you should have the option of declining. Let your agent know. If the home is no longer listed, the listing is expired or withdrawn.......... Trulia is a little slow on receiving that information, but eventually it will receive that termination information. And if all else fails please contact Trulia, they have a great team of helpful professionals to assist.
If you have it listed with a Realtor it is to your benefit to have it everywhere. Talk with your Realtor. If it is not listed with a Realtor just email Trulia and they will remove it.

Kenny