Question Details

James Gordon…, Real Estate Pro in Hamilton, OH

Is there any way to reduce the forum flooding by certain parties?

Asked by James Gordon ABR SFR SRS , Hamilton, OH Fri Mar 2, 2012

Seven pages of "What are some effective ways to increase the value of your home before selling?
" is more than enough to get someones attention and most members banned.

Answers

10
@ Ron, I'm not sure I understand your feedback. There's no reason why you can't still learn from the questions and answers posted in areas other than yours. And we agree that a guy buying a house in San Diego doesn't care about Closing Costs in Indianapolis - that's exactly why we're trying to spread top questions to numerous areas to enable buyers and sellers to get that information on a local level.

@ Laura, We're sorry if there isn't an area on the list in which you can answer these questions. At this point we can't ask these questions in all locations however I would venture to guess that if this program is successful we may expand it to other areas in the future to help ensure the sense of fairness you're looking for. I'm not sure if that would change your feelings about this program however. Also, please keep in mind that consumers can definitely still ask questions on Trulia Voices and are doing so. This program isn't about replacing consumer questions, but rather about spreading good information to more locations so that even more consumers will find Trulia Voices to be a useful resource.

Emily
@ Emily,
So now there is a Trulia member Broker who is asking the same question he posted 7 times in different locales all over the country. He probably figures that the Trulia moderators are doing it so why can't he?

Also, Trulia may be posting the same question to the top 100 locales but what about agents/Brokers such as myself who do not work in one of those markets? Trulia's thoughts about assisting agents in the top areas to show their expertise then only applies to those areas and the rest of us are left out. Sense of fairness here?

I do answer more generalized questions in other markets that are not state law specific or that pertains to a particular property or process due to the fact that my region is not as popular on this site as other locales. How else would I be able to build up answer points if I only respond to questions in my region? I agree with Ron that we like to learn how real estate procedures differ in each market so we do respond to questions out of our area of expertise.

Again, I respectfully request that Trulia moderators reconsider the daily question postings for this month and allow the consumer to ask the questions.

Thank you for your consideration.

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
It would seem that QUESTIONERS are not looking at the questions of other people:
When we answer a question, we feel that we are talking to that person only.
The only exception would be that we read each other's answers often; it is a good education.
But the rest of the public doesn't care.

We like to work outside our area too; it is good to know what is going on all over the country. Important!
But a guy buying a house in San Diego doesn't care about Closing Costs in Indianapolis.
We have James. Most consumers are looking for location specific information and very few view our content for all locations. That's exactly why we are spreading these questions to multiple areas. Most will not see these duplicates and neither will agents who look to answer questions that pertain only to their local areas.

Emily
Emily if a browsing consumer comes to the site have you considered what they see? 31 days of questions by Trulia in the top 100 locations may make the first 30 pages of the forum lok very similar.
Thanks for the feedback Laura.

We definitely understand the concern and our engineering team is looking at ways we can improve the roll-out of these questions.

Emily
@Emily,
If a Trulia Voices member were to post one question to several different locales then we would be "flagged" for spamming the site.

I don't like the fact that Trulia moderators think this is a good idea. This one question took up almost 7 pages of the Q&A section.

I suggest that they rethink doing this particularly if they are going to post like this EVERY SINGLE DAY this month! . I'm very opposed and hope others will comment in agreement.

Thank you for your consideration!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Hi All,

Sorry that this is causing problems. These questions are part of Top Questions Month here at Trulia. We see great questions and answers every day on Trulia Voices, but they're limited to specific locations. So to spread this great information with buyers and sellers, and give professionals more chances to share their local expertise, we're posting 1 question in 100 different locations each day in March.

I'm not sure that we can avoid a bit of clog-up as these questions are posted, but I know our team is doing their best to make sure that doesn't happen after that.

Thanks for your patience! And be sure to check out the blog post below to learn more about Top Questions Month here at Trulia. We hope to see you all participate in your area.

Best Wishes,

Emily
Hi James,
I called Trulia about a staff member flooding the Q&A page with this question. I consider it SPAM! They said that the engineers will look into it.
Geez!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Even a Trulia staff member had multiple pages do that yesterday so I wonder if it is intentional or a glitch?