Using Trulia in 48103>Question Details

Danielle, Both Buyer and Seller in Ann Arbor, MI

Is there an easy way to search for properties that have direct lake access or are waterfront properties?

Asked by Danielle, Ann Arbor, MI Thu Aug 14, 2008

I'd especially like to be able to do this search across Michigan. I'm not specifically interested in one specific lake, but am interested in investing in lakefront property for my own personal use and potentially for income.

Answers

7
Wow, what a bunch of great answers.
I think it would be best to narrow it down a bit . Sorry to say to "Matt Case Real Estate Pro in Beulah" but
some areas might be harder for you to enjoy, like in the U.P. by Ironwood (since you live in A2). I wouldlike to suggest looking into the Portage Chain by Dexter or Irsih Hills, I feel that these areas are close enough to resopnsibly deal with from A2, becuase nobody likes it when the landlord is hours upon hours away. I can offer help in several counties like Jackson, Lenawee, Washtenaw, Wayne, Livingston, Oakland, Monroe. I have sold a lake house property as far away as Lake Belaire (by Traverse City near Torch Lake, but I think it would be hard to manage and enjoy from A2 especially with gas prices going higher & higher).
Good luck in your quest and feel free to contact me if you would like to talk more about what might want.
Hi Danielle,

You can search listing descriptions for keywords on Trulia. If you perform a general search from our homepage, you'll find our keyword search filter on our search results page and you can enter words or phrases like lake-view or waterfront.

The link below will take you to a search I performed in the 48103 zip code with 'lake' as the keyword.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Hi Danielle,

While I can't offer the entire state, my website will provide the information you're looking for pretty much all of western Michigan and much of the Upper Peninsula. Should be a great place to start if you haven't settled on a particular location.
Danielle,

The closest public search across the state would be on http://realtor.com When doing a search select advanced on the right hand side of the basic search, there is also a map search available, but not all properties map correctly.

Once in the advanced search, you can narrow your search criteria with the check boxes. One of them will be waterfront. When selecting this, only those indicating 100 percent will be your matches.

The website below contains a search for southeastern Michigan or as suggested a local real estate professional can perform a search for you to your specifications. These are usually sent daily. Members of Realcomp can send homes from the thumb across to Saginaw County and down through metro Detroit and Washtenaw County.

The State of Michigan requires agents to work for the home seller unless under a signed Buyer's Agency Agreement, a sample of this and more forms is also available on the website below. No sign in is required.
Web Reference: http://mi-living.com
Danielle - It is going to be best for you to narrow down your search criteria a bit. You'll need to first have some idea which area of the state you like best, in terms of drive time to enjoy it and what the area has to offer you based on what you like to do. I can tell you Northeastern Michigan is a great please to both live and relax. We have endless lakes, one area even has 20 lakes in 20 minutes! If you think you would like to learn more about the Gladwin and Clare County areas I would be happy to assist you in your search for lake front property. I am an ABR (Accredited Buyers Representative) and would welcome the opportunity to work for you!
Web Reference: http://www.sonyaloose.com
The Ann Arbor area Multiple List Service has a data field for waterfront properties. I would be happy to set up a Flash Search for you which would automatically send you information on properties in Southeast Michigan that fit your search criteria the minute they come on the market.

Please feel free to call me at (734) 678-9032, or by email to brian@besthomesinannarbor.com

In the alternative, you can search for any property in Michigan by map by visiting http://realestateone.com
Good luck in your search!
Web Reference: http://arboritis.com
Hi Danielle-
You can spend thousands of hours searching online, driving around the state and spending hundreds of dollars in gas money without finding the place that you are searching for. The best way to find this type of property is to focus on a particular region of the state, and work with a buyer's agent that is working in your best interest. They can automatically send you listings that are close to what you are searching for. Public sites generally have limited information, and an agent that knows the lake areas in their region is priceless!

Agents only receive a paycheck when they close a sale, so finding someone dedicated to you is unlikely when you are looking all over the whole state. You need to decide how far you want to drive, and how you will clean & maintain the rental property, which needs to be done at least after every rental (usually weekly). When you narrow your search, you will have a much easier time finding what you want!

If you would like to search waterfront in the West Central Michigan area, click on my website below. Click only "Residential" property type, (and fill in any other choices on main page) then click on the tab at the top "additional criteria" and select Waterfront, Yes, and scroll down to waterfront type & select 'Lake'.