Tammy C. Ben…, Real Estate Pro in Katonah, NY

Is there a limit to the number of listings a Trulia-Pro can "feature"?

Asked by Tammy C. Benkwitt, Katonah, NY Wed Aug 20, 2008

I notice that even though I selected some listings to be featured one week, the next week the feature box was blank. Also, your report for listings will show "results" which I assume mean that a listing appeared as one of many results for a search, then "details" which I assume means a buyer went a step further and opened up a link to that listing for more details, then "clicks". What exactly does your term "clicks" mean? Lastly, will "My Spoltlight Ad" appear in rotation regardless of whether or not an agent has a listing at that time? Sorry for the lengthy questions.

Answers

4
Hi Tammy. I checked out the text for your listings. The text for 3 Sarah Drive looked fine to me, so I'm not sure what the issue was there. For 4007 Ridgecrest, I did see that there appeared to be no description. This information is typically taken directly from the listing feed -- in your case from Houlihan Lawrence. Not sure if it's possible for you to confirm with them that this information is being published in the feed they provide to us.

I'm unfortunately not the best person to get into the nitty gritty of the listing system, but if you continue to have any problems or questions about this, feel free to contact customer service at customerservice@trulia.com
What about the text below each listing? I notice on my 3 Sarah Drive (12590) listing the text is garbled, and on 4007 Ridgecrest (12590) there is no text at all. I checked all possible source feeds and the write up info for each listing is accurate. What is causing this?
Thanks very much, Dan. Yesterday I re-selected the "feature" button on those listings that had been turned off as being featured. I will check them again and see what happens in a few days. I appreciate your quick reply.
Hi Tammy. Dan from Trulia here. You raise several good questions here.

First, as a Trulia Pro customer, you should be able to feature all of your listings. If you're finding that somehow some of your listings are becoming please let us know and we'll look further into it. I just looked at the listings you have featured in your My Listings page and they all appear to be correctly featured (listing you as the agent).

As for your question about "results" and "details" stats, these are the number of views that a given listing received on our results page and detail page respectively. "Clicks" is the number of outbound clicks from Trulia to whatever site we list as the listing source (typically your site or your broker's site). There's a more robust explanation of this at the "About these stats" link on your My Listings page.

Finally, regarding your Local Spotlight Ad, yes -- it is unrelated to your listings. So, whether you have 20 listings or zero listings, you can activate your local spotlight ad and have it shown in up to 20 locations.

Hope this helps!