Using Trulia in 33160>Question Details

Stas Kolbin, Real Estate Pro in 33160

Is leveraging internet resources more effective than the traditional advertisement? What are the proven to be a success methods?

Asked by Stas Kolbin, 33160 Thu Mar 14, 2013

Please provide your valuable input here. Thank you!

Answers

4
Irina Karan’s answer
Hello Stas,

I feel that with the market changes (and market place changes all the time), the marketing needs to adjust. Big three (Realtor, Zillow, Trullia) were really great in the beginning in our market place, but less so now. I see agents using traditional marketing pretty successfully - for the older crowd. I see the internet marketing working best for the younger people - who live and breath Internet.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
Some excellent advice from some very wise Realtors. Maggie hit the internet thing right on the head...people these days start their search here on the internet. To me, that means you had better be HERE ON THE INTERNET! There are inexpensive ways to do just that, and Trulia is one of them. I know lots of folks who leverage Trulia well without ever giving them a dime to be a "Pro". Best of luck to you in Suny Isles...
As Maggie stated so clearly, "It depends...."
-
What has proven to be successful in ALL economies is knowing your market and being consistent.
-
I focus on the 90 day market.
This means my money needs to get me in front of the largest population of folks pre-disposed to do with me. If you do not identify and pursue the business you want. the business you don't want will find you.
-
Direct mail, done property, can consistently yield 11 to 18% responses. Conversions will be has high as 40%, for the 90 day market. If you extend the timeline beyond the intended response, the conversion can be 78%. These results DEPEND on research, not volume. What is so incredible about research, is it is so incredibly leverageable. Unfortuneately, folks don't do or don't know how to do research and invest heavily in postal services and get the predicable .007 response rate and conclude direct mail is dead.

Hmmm, that is what I should be saying...."Direct mail is dead. Place all you money on Ad words!"

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

Scotsdale Bluffs, Dunedin Home Tour
http://youtu.be/KTuVUxNDpOQ
Stas,
If we knew what works all the time, we'd all be doing it.

The reality is that everything works some of the time, but no one marketing method is successful for every property.

That being said, I've heard quotes that anywhere from 80% to 95% of Buyers begin their search for a home on the Internet. So having an Internet presence is definitely worth the effort. Where and how much is up to you.

- You can experiment with ads on the big three--Trulia, Zillow, and Realtor.com--and see what kinds of leads you get.
- You can use ListHub to promote your listings on many other sites as well.
- You can also provide the maximum number of (quality) photos and a virtual tour on each of your listings online, thereby giving Buyers something appealing to look at.
- You can write a real estate blog on Trulia, ActiveRain, or any number of other online sites to demonstrate your knowledge and expertise to potential customers.
- You can post your open houses online as well.

So why would you even use ads in your local real estate magazines and newspapers?

- Well, one reason is to cover more bases, since you never know what's going to work on any given property at any given time.
- Also, an open house ad in the local paper (especially if you live in a small town, or a resort town at the height of the tourist season) can bring quite a few people out to see the home,
- Another thing to keep in mind is that most of the magazines and newspapers have their own websites that promote the listings advertised with them.
- And, it's an additional way to get your name and face out there, so people know (and remember) that you sell real estate.

You get the idea. The best thing to do is just try a lot of different things until you find what works. Don't rule anything out without trying it first. Good luck, and enjoy the journey.