Wendy Stumpf, Home Buyer in

Information of homes is updated how often?

Asked by Wendy Stumpf, Sat Jan 12, 2013

More specifically: Why aren't the homes updated? I inquired on not 1 but 2 properties. One of which was sold months ago and the other has just gone into escrow. And what a hige disappointment to find a home/property you're interested in to only find the one was just out in escrow ad therefore off the market and the other was a year ago. Both are property in the Cross Creek condo complex in PDR, CA. And a realtor told me they aren't obviously available. Properties listed are on the Redlands Street address for the aforementioned condo complex.

Answers

5
Wendy, this is a very common frustration with buyers searching for properties without realtor assistance. There is absolutely no reason you should look for properties without professional assistance. It does not cost you a penny and as long as you are serious, any realtor would be willing to assist with your home search. That's one of the primary duties of a Buyer's agent.

I do not work in that area but you can talk to a couple of different agents and see who you are comfortable with. You can still continue searching for properties online but just text or email the address to your agent and he/she can lookup the exact status of the property so you do not waste time on bad/expired listings.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 13, 2013
Hi Wendy,

I assume you are a serious Buyer. Agreed? OK.

Sometimes you just don't know what you don't know. This is one of those cases and it's not your fault.

The link below should help alleviated all of your frustrations; but it requires a commitment on your part

MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®”
http://tinyurl.com/ctr4d44

-Steve
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 12, 2013
Dear Wendy,

If you want timely and professional service (without the problems you have experienced) the way to approach this is to contact a local Realtor and make a commitment to them (via buyer contract) and work with that Realtor exclusively in the purchase of your income property.

Consumer sites are not well maintained, but what we have IS updated daily. Furthermore, you will be able to have a local realtor who can actually look at the property personally. This is vital because pictures can be manipulated in so many ways you really have to see a property in person. I am very familiar with the cross creek development as well as the other condo developments in Playa del Rey and Playa Vista.

Do yourself a favor and make a few calls. You will be glad you did!
I am searching from Upstate NY. I had a condo I placed an offer on in the same complex last year. Due to personal reasons, and after MANY months of back and forth, after the initial offer, the counter was not made until nearly 7months after. (It was a short sale, before the time constraint had been placed.) I had to forgo the condo I had put an offer on, and focus on other things. Now I am testing the water again, and am trying to find property.

If it is on the 'net, I would hope it would be accurate and the most up-to-date especially if on a website such as Trulia, RedFin or the like.

I have reconnected with my agent, but I am keeping my options open. I am touching base with a few people, and I honestly feel like buying a home is like buying a car... and that many people are there not for you but to line their own pockets. I have to find someone I will be comfortable with who will be totally and completely honest with me. SO, in essence I am "dating" a few realtors to find what will be the best fit, when it comes time.
Wendy,
Sorry to say, Trulia information is not entirely accurate. If you want to have accurate information, you should ask a knowlegable local realtor, like me, to provide you with current and ongoing accurate information so you are always informed properly.

It's funny you're inquiring about inaccurate data in Trulia for properties in Cross Creek Village. I had the most sales in the complex not last year but in 2011.

When you find a great realtor you're comfortable working with, like me, they will guide you in the right direction.
Ian