Using Trulia in Lakeview>Question Details

Karen Raidel, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

If a listing does not specify that it's a pet-friendly building, should I assume it's not?

Asked by Karen Raidel, Chicago, IL Thu Sep 15, 2011

I have two friendly mutts that will be living with me, one is 60#s and the other is 40#. How do I search for this in Trulia? Most listings have no info on pets.

Instead of guessing it would be best to ask the listing agent..
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 7, 2014
Check what the Listing details say under Pet Deposit.
If there is no pet deposit, I would say, it may likely be a listing that will not take pets. This has to be confirmed with the listing agent, if you really think the property is a fit for you.
Web Reference:
Honestly in my area a Realtor® has the ability to send out searches for "pet friendly" rentals or sales. In answer to your question, Trulia,Zillow,Realtor.Com can only put out limited information. Having access to information is important to you and even having two dogs may not qualify for a pet friendly property. Best of Luck

Assuming anything can be a big mistake.....providing people with accurate and reliable information is one of the basic services provided by real estate professionals. Always consult an agent on issues of this nature to be on the safe side.