Using Trulia in Monterey>Question Details

Big Dar, Home Seller in Monterey County, CA

I would not recogmend this site to my worst enemy......

Asked by Big Dar, Monterey County, CA Fri Sep 9, 2011

Answers

16
Miranda Brooks’ answer
I never bought a home on my own so I needed advice about negotiating price and I got two of the greatest responses from real estate guys who gave me the information I needed and the courage to go ahead. I got what I wanted at the price I wanted and I didn't pay anything for the new a/c the seller had to put in. I've been in my home 1 year. I L-O-V-E this site!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 9, 2012
I would and I have recommended this site. I was searching for a mobile home and being a first time buyer didn't know what I was doing. I posed a question and within 30 minutes got 8 responses and they were helpful. So I posed my second question and got two totally helpful replies from Virginia and Washington State. I followed their suggestions and I'm living in my mobile home for 6 weeks now and VERY happy. This is a great site!! Professionals answered my questions for free and their answers gave me the encouragement to keep on truckin' and darn glad I did!
I would not recogmend this site either...

but I would "recommend" this site to those who have questions regarding real estate.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL
In that case, may one ask why you are here....
Hi Big Dar,

I read your other questions and hoped that you were able to get helpful answers regarding shortsales.

I understand that it's really difficult, frustrating, and sometimes emotionally draining for a homeowner to face "shortselling" his/her home.

If this site has not been helpful, I hope you find other sites that will. You might want to try the the following sites:

http://keepyourhomecalifornia.com/
http://knowyouroptions.com
http://www.freddiemac.com/avoidforeclosure
http://www.fanniemae.com/kb/index?page=home&c=homeowners…

Best of luck. I hope my response has been helpful or at the very least, encouraging.

Louri Groves
Prudential California Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
what site would you recommend to your worst enemy?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 9, 2011
Big Dar - I've read your last 2 questions and it appears to all of us that you do not understand what is involved in a short sale if you keep on asking "how much will it cost me?".

In a short sale, the lender that you owe the mortgage to is agreeing to accept less than what they owe, because you cannot sell it for the amount you owe on it AND you are unable to bring in the difference, so they agree for you to "short" them in the sale.

The lender that you are shorting may or may not have a requirement for you to bring in money to the transaction, it is not the same situation for every person, that is why you are not getting answers with a specific amount, because the answer is no one knows for sure. Most people who do a short sale don't have to bring in any money, which is why many people are saying "None".

Additionally, you probably cannot sell your home to someone that you know, it has to be a completely disinterested party.

Do you fully understand what a short sale is, how it's handled, and what requirements there are for your own mortgage lender approving you to short them on the amount you owe?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 9, 2011
All sites have some flaws, but this offers an opportunity for individuals to get questions answered for free. Always be cautious of the information from any site and do your research. I believe the benefits outweight the costs on Trulia.
Big Dar you got quite a few answers from your questions, what you need is help with your short sale. NO ONE can estomate your costs unless they have a full file of all your financials and teh transaction in front of them. If a short sale is done right, it could cost you 0. It is that simple.... but you need a professional to help you, it is not something one can do on their own, your odds are near 0 of getting an approval.

As far as Trulia it is actually a wonderful site. We do not get paid to answer your questions. We do it for the shear satisfaction of helping. You will normally get a variety of answers from across the country. The simple truth is.... a short sale is not easy, no 2 are alike and no answer will be the same for any 2 short sales and be completely correct.

PS Miranda congratulations on your purchase.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hi Big Dar,

I too am sorry to hear that you're frustrated with our site. Can you give us some details as to why so we can try to help?

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
This thread is pure comedy. "Big D"... LMAO.

Lance's answer was pretty funny as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
I'm just curious as to why you wouldn't "recommend ". I took the time to read every answer that you received. Did you not get the information you requested? Or was it not what you wanted to hear? I believe the general consensus was: your short sale will probably cost you nothing monetarily, in fact the bank is going to give you some money to help you move and you probably need a real estate agent to help you work through the process. It will cost you in the terms of credit ranking, but you can begin rebuilding that ranking . What didn't you get? All that great advice for FREE. Looking forward to your answer!
Miranda,
Thank you so much for affirming the information freely provided has proven useful to you.
I understand, as well as all those professionals participating here, the secret you shared with all regarding your success was:
" I FOLLOWED THEIR INSTRUCTIONS..."
You were not seeking 'Fairy Dust' but guidance, which you acted upon.

It is for you and those like you that keep real estate professionals logged on and responding to those seeking guidance.
Wishing you many happy years in your home.
So give me your feedback how it needs to be improved.
Miranda,

You are what this site is all about..........thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you for taking the time to help us with our Marketing.