Using Trulia in Chicago>Question Details

April, Home Owner in Chicago, IL

I would like to advertise my unit to sell or to rent.

Asked by April, Chicago, IL Sat Mar 19, 2011

Can you help? What is the cost? Do I provide the photos?

Answers

4
Hi April,

There is no cost to list a property for sale or for rent on Trulia.

As a landlord, you can post your property for rent on our site via the link below, and if you do so you will be prompted to provide photos for the property. However we do not accept FSBO listings at this time. If you are working with a broker or agent to sell your home, he/she can submit your property information to us for both sale and rent.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Hi April,
If you are interested on advertising your home yourself and selling / renting then you will need to do that on another web site such as craigslist. If you want your sale / rental listing on Trulia you will need to hire an agent to market your home. When you hire an agent they take care of all of your marketing so you don't need to take pictures and the cost can be different depending on who you hire. Feel free to contact me anytime for additional free information and details.

Gary Geer

http://www.GaryGeer.com
You cant persoanlly post your property on here. You need to have your agent do it. If your not interested in using an agent, you can use other site to help sell your property. If you are interested in hiring an agent, I suggest you go out and interview a few different ones. Compare different rates and services each offer, and most importantly, go with one you feel comfortable with. The selling process should be fun! I would be happy to help.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
April:
Trulia, and many other sites for advertising properties for rent and for sale are for use of licensed real estate agents. Probably why 83% of purchases where made through a realtor in 2010, according to NAR stats.

Couple questions. Why are you open to either sale or rent? have you been a landlord before? If you are selling, i would strongly recommend using a realtor, here are some facts about FSBO's. (For Sale By Owners)

→ Only 9% of sales in 2010 were FSBO’s, almost 50% of FSBO’s knew the buyer personally.
→ The Median Selling Price of FSBO’s is 29% lower than agent Assisted Sales. Simply put if FSBO’s used an agent they would NET 23% MORE MONEY..
→ A higher percent of FSBO’s need to sell their homes very urgently. IE, financial pressures create leverage to buyers, which in turn results in a lower sales price.

ps. if you do not know of trust realtor in your area, please email me. I spent 20 years in Suburbs of Chicago, i have many contacts there whom i trust and feel comfortable referring to.

pps. here is an interesting blog i wrote about Home Prices, and what CNN Money has to say.
http://2000shortsales.blogspot.com/2011/01/cnn-money-decades…