Using Trulia in 89148>Question Details

jaylinenj, Home Buyer in Las Vegas, NV

I have edited the information on my property several times yet the information has still not been changed. My home has (5) bedrooms not 4 as it states

Asked by jaylinenj, Las Vegas, NV Sun Mar 18, 2012

Please edit this to reflect (5) bedrooms ASAP & update the value accordingly !!!
address: 8701 Mesa Madera Drive. Spanish Hills, Las Vegas, NV 89148

thank you
J. Weinstock

Answers

7
Devon Gibbs’ answer
Although the other agents are right about the tax record, I believe your info is pulling off the MLS system from the listing when you bought the home in 2009. (It was 5BR in 2003.) Agents enter almost all the info on MLS except location and total s.f. Legally, NV RED requires MLS list a bedroom as having a window, a closet, and a door. Otherwise, it is considered an office, den, loft, etc., (rooms which Trulia currently ignores.) If the prior listing agent was incorrect or you remodeled, without relisting your property and it still really bugs you, you can try and call GLVAR directly and have the MLS dept make the correction, although they might not deal with the public. 702-784-5000 But you do have the 2003 MLS in your favor for an easy fix. However, your overall property values are more linked to overall square footage and an extra bedroom might bump you $1,000 on an actual appraisal, keeping in mind that I'm a Realtor, not an appraiser. There is a comparable home for sale right now on Mt Creek for $950,000, compared to the Trulia estimate. Both are simple guidelines without paying for an appraisal.

If I'm wrong and you actually need/want to call the CC assessor, they won't do anything without an appraisal, so in my book you'll be spending $500 to gain $1,000.
Clark County tax records show your property as 4 bedrooms. To be considered a bedroom, it must have a closet.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 18, 2012
Absolutely ! Like I stated , the home has " 5 Bedrooms -ALL with FULL CLOSETS, and 4-1/2 baths. The correct information needs to be shown.
Flag Sun Apr 20, 2014
Hi there,

I've looked into this matter for you, and can say what's going on with your updated data.

Your updated bedroom count is in the "Owner Information" section of the property page: http://bit.ly/GFcAwI. However, we are also displaying the publicly available information which is what is causing the confusion.

We are currently looking into ways to more clearly explain the differences between the publicly available data and the data you provide.

In the mean time, if you do not agree with the valuation that we have given you, you can click "Too high? Too Low?" to give us feedback on exactly how much you think your home is worth and why.

I hope that answers your questions, but if you have more feel free to shoot me an email at andrew@trulia.com

Andrew Wilkinson
Community Manager, Trulia Voices
It is not uncommon for this to happen! The tax record on my own home is incorrect too! You can correct, but not sure if the time it involves will be worth it. If it increases your value, your taxes will go up. So consider that also! Thank you for posting! Great question!
Raina Musser

raina.musser@gmail.com
702-232-1287

Do all five bedrooms have closets. If a room does not have a closet, Clark County does not count it as a bedroom. You may also contact the assessor's office.

Nakia Woodson
Wardley Real Estate
702-318-1244
NakiaWoodson@yahoo.com
Hi Jay,
Your house was listed for sale October 2009 as a five bedrooms when you purchased it.. The tax assessor's shows a four bedrooms. You can either call the assessor's office and have them correct the bedrooms, or if you are thinking about selling, I will be happy to list and market your house the house as a five bedrooms in the Multiple listing service and all homes website including international websites.

Please call me at 702-612-7099 or email me at cvegashomes@gmail.com

My team provides ... "one stop shop" ...to all out clients including financing, licensed inspectors, personal service, insurance, virtual tours, videos, property personal websites,local, National and International marketing, home warranties, CPA, attorneys, escrow/Title services, translators, property management and more.

Rena Levy
Broker/ Associate
Realty Executives of Nevada
702-612-7099
Web Reference: http://www.cvegashomes.com
We as participants, taking the time to answer your real estate questions, do not have the power to alter your home info- Try this-------

702-455-4323 is the clark county assessor phone number- your tax record reflects 4 bedrooms so a lot of these sites- trulia, zillow, homes.com, redfin, oodle, pull the information directly from the tax records- You might change it, but sometimes it does not stick because these sites might regenerate and pull from the assessor records again, thus erasing your info-
Call the assessors office to check on the process of updating your tax record correctly- and then the pulls will be correct from the various sites.

What is your goal here J.? Are you wanting to put it on the market? If so I can help- If you are attempting to do something else- maybe we can help-
paul