Home Selling in Sarasota>Question Details

Cessenakid, Other/Just Looking in Sarasota, FL

I have a house with 10 acres next to I-75,close to Warner Robins AIR FORCE BASE,and am looking for someone to trade house near Sarasota Florida.

Asked by Cessenakid, Sarasota, FL Sat Mar 6, 2010

Answers

2
Hello Cessenakid,
I assume you are a pilot. I am too and come from the low-wing Piper clan. In today's market, I think it would be much more difficult to arrange a trade. Do you have to do a 1031 exchange? Have you contacted an international real estate company near the base to provide input and a market analysis of the value and prospects of selling your property. How motivated are you to sell and what is your time frame? If have detached yourself from the property, I personally would suggest listing it with a competent realtor and when you are ready, then look for property in our area.

In this market where so many buyers are sorting out BEST VALUES, bank-owned property, short sales, etc., I think it would be difficult to find a local seller who wants to trade. Certainly the SRQ person would like to see a recent professional appraisal and probably a survey.

I am with Coldwell Banker and would be happy to refer you to a competent Coldwell Banker agent near Warner Robins. In today's market, it can take longer to sell your property and a professional realtor will probably net you far mor $ than trying on your own or tring to trade.

If you have any questions about our market, I would be happy to help. If you wish to have access to all our current listings, please click on http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Randall.Schweitzer or email me.

Incidentally, if you are interested in bly-in properties with their own runways, i am acquainted with ours. Don't know if you are still current on your license or have a plane, but I am well-versed in that arena.

II wish you the best.

Randy Schweitzer
Coldwell Banker
Sarasota, FL
941.928.7292
randyschweitzer@gmail.com
Why not sell and then buy? If you've owned and occupied it as your primary residence for 2 out of the last 5 years you will not pay any taxes on $250k of capital gains if you are single or $500k if you're married.

If the property doesn't qualify for the favorable tax treatment then yes, you may want to do a 1031 Tax Free Exchange. You will severely limited your choices on your new house near Sarasota, however.

Alma