Using Trulia in Los Angeles>Question Details

Xin, Renter in Santa Monica, CA

I get in a scam by choosing Trulia and I lost a amount of money. I think somebody on Trulia should give me a respond!!!!!!

Asked by Xin, Santa Monica, CA Fri Aug 16, 2013

Answers

11
Did you get scammed by the rentals because there are a lot of scams on rentals everywhere. Do you need listings emailed to you, a mortgage loan or ? Do you need any help just let me know?

http://www.under640ficoscoreloans.com/Pages/ContactSheryl.aspx
Sheryl Arndt, Real Estate Broker - Sr. Loan Officer CA only
REO & Short Sale Specialist
Credit Repair At No Cost
ALL Loan Programs Available
20+ Years Experience
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
9am till 7pm 7 days
http://youtu.be/MrygA2_8fAY
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 16, 2013
Xin,

Please contact me or any of the other agents that have answered you, so that we may help you.

That is why we are here, to help clients, we do not work for Trulia.

Douglas Lagos
Coldwell Banker Residential

douglas@douglaslagos.com
Tel. 310-463-8088
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 16, 2013
Hello Xin,

How are you? I hope you're doing well & that your lost money from the scam has been resolved. If not, I would suggest you go to http://www.bre.ca.gov and they should be able to assist you in getting some answers.

Looking forward,

Christine Gordon
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Cell: 917.881.2924
Fax: 347.328.9352
Apartment updates available at http://www.christinegordon.postlets.com
"Home is where the heart is."
Give us some more details and we will tell you where you went wrong.
I was trying to rent a house, but after I sent that guy money, i knew that was a scam.
Flag Wed Aug 21, 2013
Xin,

What type of scam? If a law was broken contact your local authorities & report it.
When you are leasing a property, you should check to see if the leasing agent is properly licensed. You can check the status of the license on the Bureau of Real Estate's website. A reputable agent will have his/her license # on business card and marketing materials. Sorry you lost money--I am saddened to hear when people have lost money to scammers. But the public should work with people that are have an active license.
Carmen Hill aka Ms. Sherlock Homes
Licensed since 1981 Lic #00826307.
You got scammed because you gave a stranger money without ever meeting them at the property to see the inside.

You got scammed because you sent your private information to a scammer to run your credit.

You got scammed because you didn't properly research how scammers operate.

You got scammed because you thought that house would be rented to you for 30-50% less than it should be renting for.

You got scammed because you didn't contact a reputable Realtor / property manager.

Trulia is not at fault. There are warnings all over Trulia to 'Beware of Scammers'.

Had you googled the phrase "Rental Scams" you probably would have come across my 2 blog posts here on TRULIA called "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE", where if you followed my guidelines you would have had a .01% chance of being scammed.

Sorry though, to hear you got scammed.
I'm sorry to hear you lost money.

if you didn't get what you paid for, then you didn't sufficiently check who and what you were paying for.
I don't mean to be callous. I don't mean to imply you are not intelligent.

what I am saying is that scam artist are very skilled at separating people from their money.

getting scammed can happen to anyone. yes, even to those who say it'll never happen to me.

Make sure you report the scam to the proper law enforcement authority.

good luck
This comes up almost every day. Trulia is not in the real estate business. It is a WEBSITE that displays real estate information. It is always your responsibiliyt to check out what you find on Trulia or any other WEBSITE!!!
Xian,
This is realtor Marc Schwartz.
What was the nature of the transaction? Purchase, lease, or home loan?

What happened?

If their was an agent involved, you should report them.

you can email me for advice.
Marc Schwartz
Loftsandhomes@gmail.com
What was the scam? Did you purchase a property? Describe the transaction so I can see if I can help.
Carmen Hill aka Ms. Sherlock Homes
citihousing20@aol.com
he gets back to me now, I am trying to get my money back, if I couldn't I would still need your help!
Flag Fri Aug 16, 2013
NO,just house renting, I paid the deposit, and he never reply me back!
Flag Fri Aug 16, 2013