Using Trulia in Mashpee>Question Details

Voices Member,  in

I followed directions to cancel account - I have 7 day free trial and CANCEL subscription doesn't exist.

Asked by Voices Member, Sat Apr 10, 2010

I followed directions to cancel account - I have 7 day free trial and CANCEL subscription doesn't exist. Please help cancel my account. I find this odd that they state it's there....and it's not!! Didn't leavet me with a good feeling.

Answers

3
Here's the information from RealtyTrac's Web site:

6. Termination
Either RealtyTrac or Member may cancel Member's membership at any time for any reason (unless otherwise stated in an applicable promotional offer). In the event of termination by Member or by RealtyTrac, all fees due to RealtyTrac up to the end of the then-current term billing cycle at time of termination shall remain payable to RealtyTrac unless otherwise specifically stated in an applicable promotional offer.

Member may terminate membership by one of five ways that applies to their type of membership, as follows:

All members may terminate membership online, using the "Edit My Profile" feature in the "My RealtyTrac" section of the Site, accessible to Member upon login.

All members may terminate membership by e-mailing a cancellation request to support@realtytrac.com at least five (5) days prior to the desired cancellation date.

All members may terminate membership by telephoning a cancellation request to 877.888.8722 during the business hours of 8am to 5pm PST Monday through Friday. A $5 dollar service and processing fee will be applied for paying membership cancellation requests processed via telephone.

All members may terminate a membership by faxing a cancellation request to 949.861.9413 at least five (5) days prior to the desired cancellation date.

Only paying members may terminate by mailing a cancellation request to RealtyTrac Inc., One Venture Plaza, Suite 300, Irvine, CA 92618. Such cancellation will be effective approximately ten (10) days after receipt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Account Discrepancies
Member may contact the RealtyTrac Customer Service Department by e-mail at support@realtytrac.com or telephone at 877.888.8722 concerning charges or other questions regarding the status of Member's account. However, if Member's account-related questions are not satisfactorily resolved within fifteen (15) business days of Member's first calling or sending an e-mail to the RealtyTrac Customer Service Department regarding such questions, Member must write to the RealtyTrac Customer Service Department at: RealtyTrac Inc., One Venture Plaza, Suite 300, Irvine, CA 92618, delivered by United States mail or by fax to 949.305.0803.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 11, 2010
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
If Don's methods below do not work simply contact your credit card company and dispute the charges.

On second thought, call them now anyway. Explain you can not cancel and want them to handle it for you. I am sure they know how bad realtytrack is and will be glad to do it for you.
What account are you trying to cancel--you may wish to ask again and be more specific--Are you possibly trying cancel RealtyTrac or Trulia or ???--if it's Trulia, their customer service is very good, just e-mail them directly-- a Trulia representative will answer your question as well--if it's any other account, look for their customer service contact information.