Using Trulia in 33617>Question Details

Matt Otto, Home Seller in Temple Terrace, FL

I can't seem to be able to list my house for sale by owner?

Asked by Matt Otto, Temple Terrace, FL Tue Apr 2, 2013

Answers

12
I do not know why anybody would want to list their house "For Sale By Owner" There are so many services that are provided by the real estate agent that make the sale of a home go much smoother. We honestly are worth our fee. Studies have shown that homes sold through a realtor, are sold with a higher net price. The realtor would do a comparative market analysis to gage what the value/ asking price should be in a home. This price fluctuates depending on variables and is not dependent upon what amount of money you need to get out of your house. We are trained professionals and do this every day. Working with other realtors in the area would bring through Qualified Buyers that are already working with mortgage brokers. Most agents have already screened their buyers, not guaranteed you wont have a creepy buyer but sure cuts down on you opening the door to an unescorted stranger walking through your house. We also have a lot of legal issues that we handle, making sure the contract is written in such a way that it actually means what you want the contract to say. We coordinate the inspections and represent you during the negotiations, sometimes getting more for our clients than what they were expecting. Buyers who are looking at For sale by Owner houses are thinking about garage sale prices and getting a real bargain. I seriously think your question should be, how do I find a qualified realtor to help me sell my house. Your first step would be to call many different agents and interview them. They will provide a listing presentation and give you an outline about how they work. Interview many until you are comfortable with one that is competent , honest and knowledgeable about your area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
You may try Zillow. They accept for sale by owner properties.

Or an even better option, go to the Find a Pro green tab above, insert your zipcode, read some reviews, and talk to some of the best agents in the area ready to place your home on the market and sell it fast.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 2, 2013
Hello Matt!

Kristan from Trulia here. Trulia is a search engine for residential real estate listings that are indexed from agent/broker web pages. Our service is free, and there is no charge to have listings posted on Trulia. At this time we do not add For Sale By Owner listings. We are aware that many individuals who have FSBO listings would like to have their listings featured on Trulia.

Thank you for taking the time to inquire about submitting your listing. We hope your experience with Trulia is memorable and thank you for using Trulia for your real estate needs.
Matt,
As the owner if you have every right to sale your home yourself. You just not will be able to use sources like Trulia , MLS which are done using the services of a Realtor.
The biggest issue you face in selling yourself is in the mind iof the buyer. Most people do not feel comfortable in offering a lower price and dealing direct with the seller. Same as most sellers feel uncomfortable in dealing with price with the buyer. It is to emotional.
That is where the 3rd party comes in , we able to take out the emotions , understand the motivations and help to keep you on track with your ultimate goal of selling your home. This is the main reason 87% of homes are sold with a Realtor.
Please let me know if you have questions.
Hi Matt,

Trulia receives most of their listing "feeds" from other sources including the MLS. If you are listed with a FSBO Broker you might want to contact them to see if they can get you listed.

If you are doing a traditional FSBO with no MLS entry then your home would not appear here.
We can sell your home for top dollar. We have flexible programs available for sellers that we customize depending on your particular needs, vip cash rewards and more... Give me a call and I will explain in detail. Have a great day!
Hire a Realtor,

Click on Find a Pro and interview the top five under the recommendation category.
No you can't. This is a website for consumers to ask or request assistance from real estate pros regarding listed properties.

No FSBOs here. There are sites for that.

Mr. Otto,

Trulia is a website for the consumer to use as a research tool when they are looking for real estate. This website is used for real estate professionals to list homes and for lenders to answer questions about mortgage processing. There are specific websites for you to use. They will help you with the for -sale by owner process.

If you would like to speak to a Real Estate Agent who can help you answer questions, please review my profile and send me a message. I would be happy to help you in this process.

No pressure just help.

Respectfully,
Tracy Hoyt
Prudential Tropical Realty
Matt,
I am a local agent in the nNew Tampa Area and I would be happy to asist you in listing your home for sale. Call me at 352-424-2719
Trulia only allows homes to be posted by licensed real estate professionals, so if you want to showcase your home here you will need to find one to work with. Is there a flat fee company in your area that will syndicate your listing to the various other real estate websites?
Hi Matt,

Trulia does not post For Sale By Owner properties. If you want your house posted on Trulia, you will need a Realtor to post it for you.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com