Sabrina, Home Buyer in 08816

I am receiving notices of open houses, however I am receiving them late at night after they are over.

Asked by Sabrina, 08816 Fri Jun 17, 2011

Open houses in East Brunswick Long Branch area. Would be very convenient to receive them a few days prior.
I am currently receiving notification after they are over

Answers

5
Hi Sabrina,

I've spoken to our email engineers about this and they said that they've updated our code to ensure that open house notifications are indeed sent before the open houses in question occur.

Would it be possible for you to forward the late notification you received so I can pass it along to them for review? If so, please send it to emily at trulia dot com.

Thank you for your help!

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
Hello Emily
Thanks for your response. I just read it now. Funny, today (Friday) is the first time I received the open houses for this Sunday. Hopefully they will continue on Fridays, which will give us time to plan for Sundays. Thank you Sabrina
Flag Fri Jul 20, 2012
Late notification isn't very helpful - it may reflect the timing of agents loading in data. Great idea to connect with local agent and ask her to notify you of Open Houses that may be of interest. This is also a good way to begin a dialogue with an agent - a good opportunity for an agent to provide some value.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Morning Sabrina,
I am a Realtor in the area, and I would be more then happy to gather a list for you. However if you are obtaining this list with another agent then you need to let them know the list is arriving late.
If you are not working with a Realtor then you can send me a email with a list of what you are looking for in a house, bedrroms, basement, bathrooms, square feet, price, etc... I would be happy to gather a list for you and forward to you in time for you to see the houses.
You can email at jamesunger@century21.com, or if you would like to speak on your goal of purchasing feel free to call me at 732-874-0928.
Best of luck in your search for your dream of real estate
Hi Sabrina:
I have a friend who is an agent in that area who could set you up with notifications and you would get them on time. He and his father have been agents in the East Brunswick / Long Branch area for 30 plus years. Let me know if i can help and refer him to you. Have a good weekend and good luck!

Jeff Onofrio
AnnieMac Home Mortgage
I am not familiar with all features of Trulia - so is Trulia sending you the notifications or are you working with a real estate agent who is sending you notifications?

If it is Trulia, you may want to contact a real estate agent who will have more immediate access to open house information (because after all Trulia gets the information from Realtors, so you may as well go to the source).

I know on the MLS out here there is a way to post & search for open houses, so I have a feeling that your area's MLS probably also has similar features. Of course a real estate agent often wants to accompany you to the open houses, so if that is what you are trying to avoid at this point/are just looking without wanting to feel like you are wasting anyone's time, then just let them know that from the beginning that once you are finally ready to buy you'll seriously consider using them just like any other real estate agent you'd be considering. It's not a real estate agent's ideal relationship with a client, but it's better than no relationship.

If you are already working with an agent, and the open house info they send you is a day or so late, then it sounds like you need a real estate agent with better access to the MLS/better prospect management system.