Using Trulia in Riverview>Question Details

Carli Parrish, Real Estate Pro in 33578

I am new to Trulia, how do you get a thumbs up?

Asked by Carli Parrish, 33578 Tue Sep 21, 2010

Answers

12
Don't worry about getting a thumbs up. Just make a sincere contribution by offering help by answering questions as best you can.
Web Reference: http://www.golftobeach.com
Hi there Carli, helpful and thoughtful answers will be well received - any viewer can award a "thumbs up". Only the poster of the question can award the "best answer". You cannot award yourself a "thumbs up".

I feel compelled to add that the best way to get thumbs up is honestly - I have to wonder when I see the best answer count approach or exceed the total responses. Just doesn't seem believeable to me that anyone is that good.

So as Scott advised, write from the heart/gut and you'll see results.

I like Scott's answer, and so to demonstrate the point, I will now award him "thumbs up".

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hi Carli. THUMBS UP to you for a good question about thumbs up!

When you give an original, thoughtful, experienced, skilled, clever, effective, talented, ingenious, expert answer to a question asked or blog you've written.

I've found that if you write from the gut/heart, you'll get LOTS of them.

; )

GOOD LUCK!

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
By posting an answer that somebody likes enough to give a TU to.
Carli:

Someone reads one of your answers and clicks the Thumbs Up symbol. The next day you get an alert from Trulia letting you know it happened.

Tony
Being new to Trulia myself I was drawn into looking to get my thumbs up count high. It certainly jumps off the page at you. Being proactive in responding to questions and aswering them with complete honesty is the best was for you to get your count up. Use your expertise to inform the public!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 5, 2013
Hi Carli, I must correct my response to read when the "thumbs up" or "helfpul answer" count approaches or exceeds the number of questions asked -- that just doesn't seem plausible to me. I value every "thumbs up" and of course, the "best answer" is a great vote of confidence not because it adds to my Trulia pro points but rather than it affirms that I've hit the mark.

Jeannie
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Sep 23, 2010
James - well, I email the dollars to people !!
it's simple!

(just having a little fun here - I don't really pay $1.00 per TU - ---- I only pay 50cents!)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 22, 2010
LOL....

A dollar a thumbs up? How do you go about collecting?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 22, 2010
ps I just gave everyone here a thumbs up - just because i can!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 21, 2010
If all else fails...........I pay people $1.00 for each thumbs up they give me !

:)

in fact - Jeanne went on vacation recently from all the money she made from me!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 21, 2010
I wrote a blog post that gave a basic rundown here: http://www.trulia.com/blog/brian_kurtz/2013/11/how_to_get_mo…

You can also take a more advanced approach:

1) Look for Questions with Lots of Response

2) Create a HIGH QUALITY Video Of Your Response - emphasis on high quality audio, audio, audio. NEVER use the built-in microphone on any camera or you'll shoot yourself in the foot before you even get out of the gate. Bad audio has been proven many times over to be the #1 reason why people can't stand to watch a web video all the way through.

3) Put the Video On YouTube

4) Create a Blog Post - make it on your Truila Blog, write a summary of what's in the video in the blog post and embed the video into the blog post. It can be done.

5) Go Back and Answer the Question - put a link to the VIDEO BLOG POST you just created on your Trulia blog at the beginning with another text summary of your video answer (don't copy and paste from blog post). Should look like this:

"Hey Kelly, I posted a video that tells you exactly how you can XYZ here's the link: http:TruliaBlogURL

What I basically said was:

Line #1 - some text

Line #2 - some text

Line #3 - some text

Hope that helps - Carli"

Step #6 - Give thumbs up to everyone else's answer just like in the basic version

------------------------------------

Notice what is happening here:

A) You get some extra points for creating the Trulia blog post.

B) Anyone who reads your answer will want to click through to the video.

C) Your Answer "Scales Strong" - the physical scale of your answer really does matter. Even if your video ROCKED, a 2-line response comes across as a weak answer that doesn't deserve a thumbs up. So don't just drop in the link to the video and go. The extra lines of summary text mean your answer doesn't look "small and weak".

D) The viewer clicks through to your TRULIA BLOG in order to watch the video. Bonus points for blog post views.

E) Power of Video - if your video response is great, you're much more likely to get a thumbs up.

F) Returning Answers - just like in the basic version all of those YOU give a thumbs up to will return and it's highly likely that THEY will want to see your video too! Those people end up at your blog (bonus points) and even THEY are more likely to give you a thumbs up.

G) Best Answer - creating a video response like this is the best way to get more "Best Answers" than anyone else and other that uploading sold data...a best answer is the highest point-value thing here on Trulia that you can actually get on a repeat basis.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 14, 2013
Seriously? I haven't done any of these things..and my TU and best answer count is pretty good to me!
I'd also suggest not answering OLD questions.
Flag Sat Dec 14, 2013