Using Trulia in 94114>Question Details

Donna, Other/Just Looking in 94114

How would we go about removing information about our property from your site? I notice some of our neighbors are not listed.

Asked by Donna, 94114 Thu Sep 30, 2010

Answers

3
Hi Donna,

You can request to have your property's information removed from Trulia by contacting customer support.

Charlie Wheeler
Account Manager | Trulia
That is an excellent answer from J. Mario Preza. In the standard California Association of Realtors Listing Agreement there is also verbiage about this. However, I encountered a bad experience with Redfin, and specifically there lack of care with regards to the information they publish.

You may find the following correspondence interesting ( I feel that Redfin and possibly others are executing a lack of care with the information that they are publishing ) They did correct the information in this instance, but it effort on my part. :

Hello-

Thank you for contacting us. Redfin receives sold data from the county in which the property is located. If you feel this information provided by the county is wrong, please contact the county assessor in you area to verify the information is correct for your property. Once the county has updated their records to reflect the correct sale history data, our website will automatically update and provide that corrected information.

Krystal Miller | Transaction Auditor and Customer Service |Redfin Corporation

Hi Krystal,

I do not feel this information is incorrect, I know it to be incorrect, as I am the owner of the property as stated in my initial message. My Condo at 1141 Anza did not sell for $425,000 on Jul 26, 2005.

Please review the attached documents:

1. MLS for 1147 (that last number is a seven) that did sell for $425,000.
2. Google search page
3. Detailed redfin site.

Please note you are publishing “1141 Anza St, San Francisco, CA 94118 sold for $425000 on Jul 26, 2005.”

Are you going to correct the wrong information, or are you going to continue to knowingly publish false information?

Additionally, please note that while you claim you are publishing information from the county, you are incorrect as to the proper address with regards to that information provided by the county.

I look forward to your timely response, as I find knowingly publishing incorrect information defamatory, damaging, unethical, contradictory to the code of ethics for Realtors, etc.

Jack Murray
Broker-Associate
Top Producer - Ranked Top 3% Nationally!
Prudential California Realty
677 Portola Drive
San Francisco CA
94127
Direct Line 415-664-0800
Private Fax 415-664-3800
Office Fax 415-664-2647
DRE# 01298765

http://www.1141anza.com
If you're referring to a property you may have on the market for sale presently, you may want to talk with your agent who probably has placed in on the "MLS" (Multiple Listing Service), where by default, if s/he does not "exclude" the property from internet data exchange it will be propagated onto the entire web. If you're looking to exclude it from one site, e.g., http://www.trulia.com, you may also exclude it from all others. In today's high-tech environment much of what goes on behind the scenes isn't too well known by the consumer. However, if you do a google search for your address you'll find that it probably appears listed in several places. You see, with the IDX system, agents get to promote any listing that is not excluded on their site, and all they need do is mention "courtesy of..." and list the agent who listed the house for sale. So, it is a double edged sword -- if you want maximum exposure this serve you well. The converse leaves your house a bit short on the exposure. Hope that helps.